Chapter 19

It's been five hours since Jungkook went to his bedroom. I was getting worried for my parents and my other cousins. So, I called them.

On the phone

"Mummy, how much more time will you take?"

My mother: "We may not be able to come today dear. You and Jungkook order something to eat or cook by yourself."

"Why didn't you take Jungkook with you?"

My mother: "He said that he can't leave you alone as you are his sister."

"Cousin mom."

My mother: "Yeah, yeah but he does treat you like his own sister."

"Bye mummy, take care."

My mother: "Bye dear."

I hung up the call. Why did Jungkook lie to me that he was not in the mood to go out? Does he see me as his sister?

Unknowingly, tears fell from my eyes.

Jungkook: "Did mother call you?"

I flinched. I immediately wiped my tears and turned around to face him.

"Y-Yes."

Jungkook: "Why are you stuttering? Did anyone scold you?"

"No Oppa."

He sighed.

"Oppa, can I ask you something?"

Jungkook: "Yes."

"Why did you lie to me that you are not in the mood to go out? Mummy said that you didn't go because you didn't want me to be alone."

His eyes were emotionless.

Jungkook: "It's because you are my sister and I must protect you."

"I am not your sister. Stop acting as if we are blood-related. We are cousins. How many times should I tell you that I love you?"

Tears fell from my eyes.

"I love you Jungkook."

My legs became weak and I kneeled on the ground. I was a crying mess.

"I love you Jungkook. I can't live without you."

He came towards me and kneeled. He raised my chin with his index finger so that I could face him.

Jungkook: "You can't love me, Y/N."

"Why?"

Jungkook: "I can't protect you or keep you safe. But one thing for sure, I will protect you as my sister."

"NO! I don't want to be your sister. I need you Jungkook, I can't live without you. This love is growing stronger day by day. My desires for you are growing day by day."

Jungkook: "Y/N, do you even know who I am?"

"Huh?"

Jungkook: "I am not the one you are thinking of."

"What do you mean by that?"

Jungkook: "Staying with me is like staying with a villain. The danger is everywhere. I could be killed anytime. I have no guarantee for my safety. How can I ensure your safety?"