| 14 |

"I can't do this!" Sunghoon exclaimed making me look at him in confusion, "they don't know what a car is! They're all wearing white clothes, no shoes! Now you're telling me that 'of course they are from the white rooms'! What the hell is happening? Am I going insane?"

"What were the white rooms?" Jay questioned calmly as he turned around in his seat.

"They taughts us how to use our skills, about the world out here, how our skills are chosen. They do testing as well to keep up with our skills," Emiko shrugged, "I never liked the tests, they were a hell."

"So like... a lab?" Heeseung questioned.

"I guess you could call it that yeah," Emiko excused.

"Hold up... skills?" Jake questioned, "like how you fixed the car?"

"Of course," she hummed, "what's your skill?"

"Not freaking out at this revelation," Jake quickly pointed out as Sunghoon pulled the car over to the side of the concete stretch.

"Come on dude! You know my mom will freak out if I'm not home before curfew!" Jay complained.

"I don't care what aunty thinks," Sunghoon calmly replied before turning in his seat and squinting his eyes at us.

"We had curfew too," Jungwon piped in, smiling at Jay, "It was all day until 6pm and 10pm. We only had breaks in our curfew when we had classes. We had this common room we spent free time in."

"Sounds like a prison to me," Heeseung remarked under a mutter.

"Yo, guys... I think I figured why they were on the street," Jake announced and I immediately looked to him, "you ran away, didn't you?"

"Yeah," Jungwon nodded as if it was obvious.

"And if... if it's as big as it sounds they'll continue looking for you," Jake remarked and my smile slowly faltered as I looked up at the two boys in front, "so... do we help or do we not?"

"I really don't want to be arrested," Heeseung admitted and rubbed his hands together.

"I mean, shouldn't we help? Like hide them, isn't it the right thing to do?" Jake questioned.

"Dude, I swear if this is the good little church boy in you speaking right now I want you to cut it off. This is a matter of law," Jay warned.

"I'm sorry, but do they look alright to you?" Jake exclaimed, "yes, they have some freaky skills. But look at them! They're unhealthily pale and I doubt they have ever been out a door before tonight, some of them almost look malnurished. If anything they're purposely clothed in white to get people to turn them back into a hospital if they get out. It doesn't exactly sound like a Jolly place they came from. If you won't help them, then I will."

"If we can hide them in the town society then it shouldn't be a problem we have to deal with later," Heeseung nodded in agreement, "give them an English name, cut their hair or color it... make sure they get proper food."

"You're talking like we have to raise kids," Sunghoon remarked.

"They barely knew this was a car. I'm sure they don't even know they drive on a road," Heeseung defended, "I want to help."

"We can take three each," Jake nodded in agreement, "get them enrolled in school."

"I have another question before I agree to take anyone in," Sunghoon remarked and we all looked at him, "what exactly are skills?"

"Oh... well it's what you saw Emi and Yeon do," Lin shrugged, "Emi has enhanced physical condition and Yeon have telekinesis. I have mind reading, and no Jay I am not lying," Lin remarked as she looked over at Jay, who immediately held up both his hands in defense.