| 2.20 |

It was almost no problem to Emiko and I to move through the third floor of the lab. As Lin had recalled, the evenings were severely understaffed. Most rooms we opened the door to was even empty, and I slowly began getting a feeling that there would be no other people than the two we had met previously in the hallway. Maybe no more were gonna show up.

It had given me a small surprise when I suddenly had been able to see Emiko once again, at the point she had chosen that we didn't have to spend her skills and energy for useless things.

"It can only be in there," Emiko whispered as we stopped outside a big door, "all other rooms were empty..."

"Right now I wish we stopped by at Sunghoon's house before going anywhere," I whispered as I let out a shaky breath, "in case anything bad was to happen."

"Yeah... I get that," Emiko whispered with a small nod as she looked back at the door, "but... he's harmless. We have powers, unmatched."

"Lin said he was hiding a weapon," I shook my head quietly, "what if it is really bad?"

"I can't promise anything," Emiko shook her head, "let's just go."

I sucked in a deep breath as Emiko slowly stepped forward and managed to open the door. As the door flung open properly and we stood in the opening we immediately knew. It was the right room, the mahogany interior gave it away immediately.

"Ah... number 10 and 18, I was wondering when you'll be back," doctor Davis commented from his desk, making us both look over at him, "seems like you lost your proper clothes on the way," he scrunched his nose up at our normal clothing instead of the white pajamases, "we'll fix that of course."

"Cut it out, we're not crawling back," Emiko immediately snapped making Doctor Davis' smile immediately falter.

"Well, then it's immediately another story," he decided and pressed a button on his desk. I knew that one was for guards, I had seen him use it once before when I was younger, losing control of my skills in his office.

"Should I look in the desk?" Emiko whispered and I only nodded as I pushed Emiko into the room and slammed the door behind us, turning the lock before abruptly turning around and looking straight at doctor Davis.

As Emiko rushed up towards the desk I assured that doctor Davis rolled back in his desk chair and got pinned against the wall behind him, making Emiko out of reach for him as she opened the drawers and began looking through the files.

"What are you gonna do?" doctor Davis questioned and my eyes flickered between him and Emiko, "kill me?"

"That's the plan, now shut up," Emiko immediately replied, falling down to her knees to look through drawers.

"Even after all we've done for you," doctor Davis stated and I immediately frowned in return, trying to keep my ground, "how we saved you all from your horrible parents, gave you food, shelter, education, health... we even helped you uncover your skills... and this is how you repay us?"

"None of those were good things," I immediately replied.

"You see... we've come to realize we'll rather live outside of these walls," Emiko hummed as she pulled several files out of a drawer, happily turning to look at doctor Davis, "and unless you want to keep talking I think I'll let Yeon do her job."

"Ah... of course, the killing machine," doctor Davis hummed and looked back at me, "your skills were always there for it, but the mentality was something we struggled to work with. That was until the Maine trials. You finally became what we wanted you to be, a mass killer."

"We've been over this multiple times Yeon, you're not a mass killer just because you end his life, and he's deserved it," Emiko calmly reminded as she sat up on the desk, dangling her legs calmly, "you're not whatever they want you to be and I'm sure more will agree with me once they get here."

"Ji!" a loud voice echoed behind me as I heard the door rustling.

"Oh, and they're here," Emiko happily stated as she jumped down from the desk and rushed over towards the door and I.

"Get out from there! Right now!" Jungwon's voice echoed once again, "Get out!"

My heart immediately began hammering in his chest as I heard how frantic he sounded. The next thing that happened only proved why. It was something I never found possible.

As doctor Davis had raised his hand towards his desk it had immediately flown over towards Emiko, who was happily ignorant to what had come flying towards her.

I was quick to flick my wrist so that the desk flew back again and I grabbed Emiko and pushed her out the door the moment I had gotten it unlocked. Outside Jungwon and Lin both stood and stared at us with frantic eyes.

I didn't say anything before I had abruptly slammed the door again, after having pushed Emiko out to them. 

"Quite a treasure, don't you think?" doctor Davis chuckled as he stood up from his desk chair and watched as his desk landed in the corner of the room. My eyes immediately trailed down to how he adjusted some stringy object.

It was connected to his wrist and out to each of his fingertips. From his wrist on I noticed an electric cord run up through his sleeve and up behind his ear. How come we didn't see at first?

"You see... I've always been fascinated by the skill we managed to pull out in you subject 18," doctor Davis started talking as I locked the door behind my back and ignored the banging and yells that came from the other side, "all those tests... so many tests... we finally recreated it in this little glove," he happily waved his fingers, sending me a devilish smile.

"It's not anywhere strong enough," I calmly stated.

"Yeon he's gonna kill you!" Lin's voice screamed loudly, making my eyes flicker to the door, assuring myself that it was not budging one bit.

"I am," doctor Davis nodded as I took another step backwards and came in contact with the wall, "you see... where your skills fail at one thing, this glove succeeds," he proudly stated and I immediately looked towards the desk, lifting it slightly above the ground and throwing it straight towards doctor Davis.

Right as I could've sworn the desk hit him it instead splintered into multiple larger pieces and he stood completely unharmed.

My eyes slowly widdened. An attack I was so sure of from past experiences was suddenly so useless and harmless. Immediately it had me doubting if I would actually be able to pull this off, as we had planned. 

Before I got any chance to doubt myself much I felt my feet leave the ground, and soon enough wind brushed past me and I was met by the hard surface of another wall. Luckily I had hit the wall with the entirety of my back, only leaving me with a sore hit, it had been much worse if I had hit with my shoulderblades or tailbone first. 

I abruptly landed on the floor with a small groan of complains. That was what that glove could, it could affect humans as well. I was completely able to harm him in any way without any object to do the majority of the job for me.

As I hoisted myself up on my elbows I caught a glimpse of Jungwon running through the room and immediately sending his fist across the face of doctor Davis.

"Jungwon!" I yelled out in panic as I watched a flick of doctor Davis' wrist send Jungwon flying back into another wall.

A quick glance to the door showed a molten lock, which Lin no doubt had fixed. In a quick flash two shadows ran across the room and over to where Jungwon sat, a light hue surrounding the three as Emiko assured their safety with one of those funny forcefields she had learned to make.

I frantically looked around before spotting the deskchair, not long from where Jungwon sat and winced in pain as Lin attempted to help him to his feet. Within seconds I had gotten it flying towards doctor Davis, sucessfully hitting him.