| 17 |

In the morning I had gotten a shower, as Sunghoon had reminded Jungwon and I that we could freely use the bathroom, along with his sister's soaps or his own. I had used his sister's, since he said that those were for girls.

"Jungwon?" I questioned as I looked through the bag of clothes I had been provided with.

"What?" Jungwon questioned with his eyebrows knitted together as he pulled clothes out as well.

"Is it alright if I change in here?" I questioned and he just nodded in return, "are you sure?"

"I'm not looking," he nodded.

I quickly got up from the place I sat. I quickly got out of my white clinical clothes and pulled on a sweater along with a pair of weird pants with a squared sewed to the waistband of them. 

"Uhm... Jungwon, do you get these pants?" I questioned in confusion and tried to hold up the pants as I tried to figure out how I made them stay on.

"They look weird," he frowned as he finally looked at me, eventually getting up from the floor to wander in a circle around me, "do you think these are straps?"

"Are they?" I questioned and looked over at my shoulder to Jungwon, who was holding up two long pieces attached to the back of the pants, "maybe they are..."

"Here, let me try," Jungwon offered and carefully placed the two straps over my shoulders before rushing over to stand in front of me, "then this square must be the front, right?"

"You tell me," I murmured as he grabbed a strap and carefully tried to attach it to the front square.

"It stays..." Jungwon slowly trailed off before grabbing the other square, attaching it with a small click.

He carefully pulled my hair out of the sweater, taking a step back to look me up and down before smiling. I quickly looked down at myself in confusion.

"That looks cute," he remarked and I let out a small laugh as he turned to continue looking for clothes, "go down and get some breakfast I'll be there in a minute."

"Are you sure?" I questioned and he immediately nodded, making his slightly shaggy hair bounce back and forth.

I quietly exited the room before rushing downstairs to where Sunghoon had placed two bowls of breakfast on the breakfast table while he himself was rushing around and stuffing books into an old bag.

"Oh... you got Soomin's old dungarees," Sunghoon commented as he saw me, a small smile spreading on his face, "she used to wear those a lot when I met her. Always made her look cute... so what do you two plan on doing today?"

"Going to school," I casually replied as I sat down on a chair and began eating the cereal he had made for us.

"But... you're not enrolled yet. They don't have you on record," Sunghoon slowly reminded and I just nodded at him, "one of you can fix that, can't you?" he sighed heavily.

"Jungwon can make us appear on the records, Sunoo will convince them," I assured with a small nod.

"But still... you don't have books. Notebook, pencil, calculator, all those things," he pointed out to me, making me cock my head, "you have to take notes at school."

"We never did that," I shook my head as Jungwon rushed down the stairs and over to eat.

He had gotten himself a red sweatshirt with 'Illinois State University' written in big white letters across the front, meanwhile his pants looked quite baggy on him, and possibly too big.

"I thought we were in Meadow Ville," I commented as I looked at Sunghoon with a frown.

"Meadow Ville, Michigan," Sunghoon clarified making me frown, "Michigan is the state... Illinois is a nearby state... Soomin's brother studied at their university."

"Why so far?" Jungwon questioned after his first bite, "isn't it far?"

"It is normal... to go out of state for a university," Sunghoon sighed before closing his bag, "I found a pair of shoes for each of you, I guessed my way to your size. If it doesn't fit, tell me and I'll get you some others. It'll damage your feet if they are too small... and if you're going to school I guess... I'll drive you."

"Is your bracelet turned on?" Jungwon questioned and immediately looked at me.

I immediately held up my wrist and turned the bracelet so he could see the small light that indicated that the bracelet was turned on, meanwhile my mouth was stuffed with cereal.

"If you feel uncomfortable or nervous just tell me, alright?" he questioned and I nodded in return, "I'm serious Jiyeon."

"I will, Jungwon," I mocked in return, earning a small smile from him.

"Alright, we're picking up Soomin this morning, so... like... uhm... I'll find you come bags and notebooks, I guess," Sunghoon excused before rushing upstairs once again.

"I'm serious about telling m-" Jungwon started getting cut off when I almost hammered her spoon down into my bowl and spilling my breakfast a bit.

"Will you stop?" I exclaimed at him, only earning a pair of wide eyes from Jungwon, "I am no defenseless child. I can speak up if I need to."

"No, you cannot," Jungwon reminded making me, "you barely even dared speak with miss Hopkins."

"I can surely speak up to you, can I not?" I retorted and he sighed as he pursed his lips before eventually just turning back to his breakfast. Passive agressively shoveling in mouthfuls of cereal.

"Alright...  I found this red bag from my sister and my old school bag," Sunghoon announced as he handed me the red bag and an old brown looking back to Jungwon, "I put some empty notebooks in there along with some pencils and such... I guess we can go to a thrift store later and get you some school things later. Like a pencil case and some more clothes. Right... we better get going..."