Burning Flashpoint: Trailer 1 - They're Just Ghosts

Hey all! Welcome to my first trailer for my first story that will feature a ship that isn't Marshall x Everest, Paw Patrol: Burning Flashpoint! I love the Evershall ship and truly think it's one of my three favorite ships in this fandom, but I want to change things up starting with Burning Flashpoint!

In any case, the song used in this trailer is They're Just Ghosts by Motion Blur and Peter Jessy! I don't own the song or Paw Patrol. On with the trailer!

Ask you what you're thinking about

As the trailer begins, a shot of a city in a massive storm is shown. A house is burning down and a helicopter is crashing down to the ground.

Ask you what you're dreaming about

An explosion happens in the house as the helicopter falls nose first into the ground, exploding and sending four dogs and a pilot flying out of it.

Say your life is full of doubts

"Little Skye? A-Are you okay?" One of the dogs from the helicopter asks, a massive wound showing across their face.

You don't know what you're talking about

"Where's little Marshy?"

"He's still in the house!"

You tell me what's on your mind

"A-and that's my life story. Pretty depressing, I know, but what about you, you cute dalmatian? Do you want to share as well?"

But how can you be so blind

"I-I have a pretty similar story actually. M-My family left me to die in a burning building and I barely made it out, at least not before getting my leg banged up, which is why I'm limping."

I'm the one who's hurting

"I-I'm sorry to hear that as well. I know how that kind of betrayal feels all too well." The cockapoo said as the dalmatian smiled and cuddled into her as the camera pans out.

But I'm just a burden

As the camera bans back in, Skye and Marshall are sitting on the beach of Adventure Bay, the two of them right next to each other as they look up at the starry night sky.

In the chaos I see the bliss

"I c-can't handle this anymore."

In the mayhem I see the abyss

"The pressure to act like nothing wrong is too much for me."

Just when you needed them the most

They're just ghosts

"Marshall, Skye. We can tell you've both been struggling recently. It's okay, we've all been there, but what's on your mind?"

In the chaos I see the bliss

"I don't know where to start." Marshall cries out as the Dalmatian closes his eyes and brings himself back to the root of his trauma.

In the mayhem I see the abyss

"I-It all started when I got into a helicopter for the first time in my life." Skye said as she began to cry.

Just when you needed them the most

They're just ghosts

Marshall and Skye are seen talking to their friends in the Paw Patrol as some beats from the song kicked in.

They're just ghosts

Gh-gh-gh-ghosts in the, in the, gh-gh-may-may-mayhem

As the trailer comes back, Marshall and Skye are seen sleeping next to each other in the lookout with the other pups and Ryder looking at them with concern in their eyes.

Gh-gh, they're just gho-gho-gho-ghosts

"Ryder, w-what can do to help the two of them? They're clearly struggling." Chase asks as he looks at his brother in everything but blood, and the love of his life squirm in their sleep.

May-mayhem, gh-gho

"We left you to die on purpose, Marshall! YOU WORTHLESS PUP!"

I obey all your desires

"You will never be successful, Skye! The helicopter crash was your fault!"

But you let me burn in the fire

Marshall and Skye then snap awake with bloodshot eyes only to see that they're being cuddled by every pup in the lookout.

Spend my days trying to impress

Fill up your emptiness

A title card then kicks in after the two lyrics, showing a half pink half red title card like one you would see in a Paw Patrol episode. On the pink half of the title card, Skye is there with her wings out with a silhouette of a burning helicopter below her.

On the red half of the title card, Marshall is there sweating while standing still with the silhouette of a burning house below him.

I don't know what else to say

"S-Skye, there's been something on my mind for a while."

I can feel you pull away

"What is it, Marshy?"

You don't understand where I come from

Cause you're just numb

"M-Marshy, I love you too."

Will the sting of betrayal bring everything crashing down, or will Marshall and Skye be able to rise together? Find out in Burning Flashpoint on July 29th 2022!