Earn Our Happy Ending: Trailer 3 - In the Nick of Time

Hey all! Welcome to the third and final trailer for Earn Our Happy Ending! The finalized release date for the story will be shared at the end of this trailer! Enjoy the trailer!

And the song used is In the Nick of Time by All Good Things! I don't own the song or the Spyro franchise.

It's contagious

As the trailer begins, a pillar of shadowy fire rises into the air as Spyro's voice comes across.

"How did things come to this? I thought we saved the world once and for all after Malefor was banished in the crystal core of the world."

I fought the feeling but I'm done

Cynder's voice then came across as the shadowy fire began to spread to the nearby creatures and trees.

"Looks like the three of us will have to save it one more time, Spyro."

Trying to fight this

There's no use, it's in my blood

We then see Spyro, Cynder and Sparx fighting an army of shadowy creatures in Warfang alongside the Dragon Knights, leaving a bloody battlefield in their wake as they defended Warfang from the onslaught.

Celebrated

Spyro placed his claws on his head, digging into his scales as they turned black and white, his own blood staining his claws as he did so, screaming in agony as he did this.

But no one ever sees your face

Obligated

"Fight it back, Spyro! I know this isn't the real you, you're just being controlled."

Righting all of their mistakes

Cynder flew underneath a blast of shadow magic as she shot a blast of poison at the shadowy soldier, poisoning it and allowing a Dragon Knight to eliminate it.

I serve when they're running for cover

Spyro is then seen in Warfang, some spell and breath locks in his claws as he flew back to the cave.

It's my purpose to save all the others

A blast of shadow magic hit Spyro in the wing as he continued to fly, making him lose control of his body in the air as he crashed into the cliff that their cave was on.

So take shelter until I discover

Your flaw your crack in the armor

"This is our dad we're talking about, mom! Let us come with you, please. We'll show you that we're capable fighters."

Outta the sky

"I know you're all amazing fighters, but this is something me and Sparx need to do. We'll find your father and my mate, and put an end to this. We'll all be a big happy family after this, okay?"

Follow the light

I'm like a meteor strike

"One of the Dragon Knights, a pink one named Ember will be coming to our cave to take care of you while we're gone, alright? I love all three of you to the edge of the world and back."

I'm right there in the nick of time

As Cynder and Sparx fly above the large war in the open field, Cynder dives down in front of a dragon who was tending to their injuries that they got while battling, protecting the other dragon from what would've been a lethal blast of dark magic.

Ready to fight

Willing to die

An army of trolls, wyverns and grublins begins to stampede onto the field in front of Warfang as Cynder prepares to hold the line alongside the other dragons as Sparx flew up into the air.

Another night, save another life

As the trailer continues, Spyro is seen against a black background, still maintaining his normal colors as some lyrics begin to play.

I'm right there in the nick of time

As the lyrics continued to play, a dark slash of magic went through Spyro as he was on the pitch black background, right through his chest.

Separated

Torn in two, I'm black and white

As the dark slash of magic went through Spyro, his body didn't bleed, instead the magic slowly but surely turned his scales black and white, and his eyes from the normal purple to a deep red as the purple dragon screamed in agony.

Overrated

"Don't give into the darkness, please! I know you can fight it back."

No one knows who saved your life

"C-Cynder, run. I'm losing control of myself. Run and protect our hatchlings, please."

Call it magic

It's no life for a heavy heart

"I refuse to give up on you, Spyro!"

Life is fragile

"Listen, you three. Your parents are the ones who have to do this, they aren't doubting anyone of your capabilities as dragons, but this is definitely far too dangerous for any newborn dragons."

I won't let them tear you apart

I serve when they're running for cover

An army of grublins, apes, wyverns and trolls begins to swarm the field the small army of dragons are holding as a shadowy force overcomes the monsters, making them stronger and faster as their eyes turned into deep red ones as the monsters began to snarl, mindlessly rushing at the small army of dragons, which included Cynder.

It's my purpose to save all the others

So take shelter until I discover

"S-Spyro, g-get up, y-you can't possibly be dead. I won't be able to live with myself."

Your flaw your crack in the armor

"C-Cynder, it's all going to be okay now."

Outta the sky

Follow the light

I'm like a meteor strike

"Today, we mourn the losses of each and every dragon who perished in the battle to protect the onslaught of monsters from reaching Warfang. Rest well, brave warriors. You will be missed dearly."

I'm right there in the nick of time

"I should've done more. All of these losses would've been avoided."

I'm like a meteor strike

"Give up now! Your war cannot be won."

I'm right there in the nick of time

"Cynder, that isn't true. What happened is done. Let's end this and save Spyro. Their deaths will not be in vain."

Ready to fight

Willing to die

"Spyro! It isn't too late for her to survive, use your Aether breath!"

Another night, save another life

I'm right there in the nick of time

"It's n-not working, Sparx. I-I failed."

Forever

Responsible

As the trailer continued, Ember is seen with the three newborn dragons as the four of them continue to rest on the nest that Spyro and Cynder usually slept on, wondering when the two of them would be back.

Hold myself

Accountable

"IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I'm a failure, I-I don't deserve to be considered a legendary purple dragon, I-I've doomed the realms, Cynder! I'M NO DIFFERENT THAN MALEFOR!"

I'm ready

A projection of the Dragon Realms is then seen, a mysterious shadowy figure holding the projection of the world in their claws as they continued to plan.

Next episode

Hearts heavy

"Spyro, listen. Malefor was evil incarnate, you've done so much good for the world, and will continue to do so. Remember when you saved me from Convexity and didn't give up on me? That's right. You're nowhere near what Malefor was, and I love you, I always will."

Steady overload

"B-But Cynder, I almost killed you in my dark form."

Next chapter

In the fight to move on and live happy lives.

Next episode

Spyro and Cynder will be forced to fight to earn the happy life they truly deserve.

I'll save you

Through the horrors of war, through the sweet and the sad, they'll go through everything life can possibly throw at them one final time to earn their happy ending, once and for all.

On January 5th 2023, the fight begins. Will you answer the call?