Spyro x Cynder story: Trailer 1 - If Tomorrow Never Comes

Welcome to the first ever trailer I'm doing for a non Paw Patrol story! No need to delay this anymore; let's get this show on the road!

And the song I'm using for this trailer is If Tomorrow Never Comes by Atef! I don't own the song or the Spyro franchise, they are owned by their respective copyright holders.

I'm reaching out for the stars tonight

As the trailer began, Spyro and Cynder walked up to the edge of a mountainside as they looked up at the night sky, seeing the stars as they both began to fly into the air.

"It's peaceful out here, isn't it, Cynder? It's a really nice change of pace from when we had to wear those stupid snake collars that chained us together when we were captured by the Grublins all those years ago."

"You could say that again, Spyro. Remember how the Grublins captured us so we'd become sacrifices to the Golem by Malefor's order? Glad Hunter was there to help us."

Not looking back down

As the camera panned back in, Spyro and Cynder land inside of their cave as they walk up to their nest with three dragon eggs being inside of it.

'Cause it's getting dark

"Cynder, I'm heading out for a bit to get some supplies in Warfang. Take care of the eggs, okay? I love you."

And I don't want to fight on my own

As Spyro landed in Warfang, he was shocked to see that there was a large fight happening in City Square. Warfang was normally a peaceful city unless it was under attack, what's going on?

I don't think that I know where I'm going anymore

Spyro found himself walking through the familiar streets of Warfang as he suddenly had to fly over a rogue blast of shadow magic, forcing the purple dragon to face where the magic had come from as it made contact with a wall, exploding as it knocked a fruit stand over.

But I know I'm not lost cause I'm not alone

"That's it, you messed with the wrong family of dragons! Let's fight."

If I don't find my way

Spyro flew through the skies above Warfang as he carried three bags of supplies with his hind legs, landing inside of the cave as he placed the supplies down and came over to Cynder.

"Spyro, the eggs are hatching!"

I know I'll never be afraid

Of the dark again

"Aww, our three hatchlings are so adorable; just like you, Cynder." Spyro said as he rubbed his head against Cynder's neck.

So take my hand

"Okay so what happened back in Warfang with the shadow magic, Spyro?"

And we'll touch the sky

We'll keep fighting through the night

"This is a lot more serious than we thought, Spyro. We need to prepare for war and protect our hatchlings."

"Understood, Cynder. I'll get some armor ready for the two of us, just in case."

Even if tomorrow never comes

"Spyro the dragon! Come out, come out, wherever you are, and no one else has to get hurt! EXCEPT YOU!"

"I refuse to give in! If you're trying to get to my family, you'll have to get through me." Spyro roared as he flew over another blast of shadow magic that came from somewhere else.

I'm leaping out of the dark tonight

As the lyrics continued playing, Cynder curled up around her hatchlings as Spyro came into the cave and closed off the entrance, making multiple options for escape in case of as he did so.

Making sure I never look back

"We aren't alone in this, Spyro. We'll get through this, as a family. Together."

Should be scared

"Excellent, you captured the purple dragon, yes? Extract his magic. You know why."

But I'll follow your light home

"M-Mom, where's dad?"

"Your father was captured, I'm heading out to save him. Until I come back, Ember will take care of the three of you, okay? I love all of you to the edge of the world and back, I'll be back soon."

And we can fly through the night

Chasing our nightmares away

Smoke rose off of a once peaceful field as a group of dragons attacked an army of Grublins and other monsters, blood spilling from both sides as Cynder came in to support the dragons.

No place I wouldn't be

"I refuse to give up, Spyro! This dark form isn't the real you that I fell in love with."

Here with me

"I refuse to fight Cynder damnit!" Spyro roared as he put as his forelegs over his eyes, scratching the gray scales near his eyes as he began to tear them open, blood spilling out as he kept going.

I don't think that I know where I'm going anymore

As the trailer continued, a title card appeared. It was purple and black with the silhouettes of Spyro and Cynder on both of their respective colors.

But I know that I'm not lost 'cause I'm not alone

As the lyrics continued to play, the silhouettes of Spyro and Cynder were filled in, along with the silhouettes of three hatchlings.

So take my hand

We'll get through this together, Spyro."

And we'll touch the sky

"I'm by your side, Spyro. Always and forever. You can count on your good old pal Sparx!"

We'll keep fighting through the night

"Cynder, go low. I'll shoot a fireball at them from above."

Even if tomorrow never comes

"Find Spyro and Cynder! I need their magic to finish the last stages of my plan."

And there's the first trailer for this story! Just a quick reminder that this story will definitely be releasing in 2023.