Earn Our Happy Ending: Trailer 2 - Vita Nova

Welcome to the second trailer for Earn Our Happy Ending! A release date will be shared for the story at the end of this trailer, but until that's shared, enjoy this trailer and the bits of the story that I will tease further.

The song used in this trailer is Vita Nova by Halocene. I don't own the song or the Spyro franchise. All copyright belongs to their respective owners.

Waiting for our turn, will we watch the world burn?

As the trailer begins, Spyro and Cynder are seen in Warfang with calm expressions on their faces.

Vita Nova, Vita Nova, Vita Nova, Vita Nova

Cynder and Sparx are then seen in an open field fighting alongside other dragons against a shadowy army, black fire encircling the field as the fight raged on.

"I wish Spyro was here to help us fight!" Sparx yelled as he punched a soldier of the shadowy army, Cynder following up with a blast of fear directed at the army.

"Remember Sparx? We split up with him so he could look around Warfang! We shouldn't have split up!" Cynder yelled as she grabbed another soldier with her claws, throwing them into a group of shadowy soldiers to break their armor apart.

World's forever seemingly so old

Spyro is seen walking through Warfang's city square as a building burns up in black fire, looking around as he tried to find out what is causing this.

Words from scripture told now feel so cold

The love you know is bounded how it's sold

"I refuse to give in! It's not over!" Spyro yelled, trying to break free from the shadowy restraints on his body.

But you'd never know

So together, but still so alone

"We'll keep fighting until this is over. We will earn our happy ending."

Some now reaping sickness that they've sown

Suffocating from upon the throne

As the three eggs in the nest cracked open, Cynder looked outside the cave to see that Spyro was coming back into the cave, an elated expression on his face as he saw the eggs.

Sinking down below

"What should we name them, Spyro?"

Waiting for our turn, will we watch the world burn?

Bury, bury the dead

"I don't know, do you have any names in mind Cynder?"

Every life that comes next

Buries the dead

"The fact that these stupid dragons are fighting on despite all of this is valiant, but it's in vain."

Lives forever seemingly in fear

Days, weeks, and months turn to years

"It's hard to k-keep fighting right now, are we doomed to fail, Sparx?"

"Remember what you're fighting for, Cynder. We aren't doomed to fail as long as we keep fighting, no matter what. Spyro is still out there even though he was kidnapped from Warfang."

The life you know is no longer so clear

Like the end is near

"Just surrender and give into the darkness, Spyro. Your war cannot be won. We are already victorious and the Dark Master shall rise again."

Make way for new life

"Welcome to the world, little ones. I'm your father Spyro, and this is Cynder, your mother."

Waiting for our turn, will we watch the world burn?

Bury, bury the dead

Cynder and Sparx flew through the mass grave as they saw the corpses of many dragons that they knew very well, who had all fought strongly and courageously. Their corpses were piled on top of each other, along with the shadowy opposition that they have to fight this war against.

"I-It's a sea of death, that's all this is." Cynder said, putting her face into her forelegs as she cried at the sight.

Every life that comes next

Buries the dead

"Our Dark Master will awaken once more! The Celestial Moons are aligning once more! All three of you are too late to stop us."

Vita Nova

Spyro felt the darkness overtake him as his scales changed color from their usual purple and yellow, instead turning white and black as his vision began to fade into a deep red.

(Vita Nova) Bury the, Bury the dead

Ember is seen with the hatchlings of Spyro and Cynder in their cave, resting with them as her motherly instincts took over to help her take care of the three young dragons.

Life born again

Dead... Bury the dead, Bury the dead

Using one of his claws, Spyro cut the gray scales on his face that were right below one of his eyes, trying to cut the darkness out of himself as he felt his body preparing to attack Cynder and Sparx against his will.

Our life as we know it (Dead within)

"C-Cynder, g-get up. Please." Spyro shakily said as he held Cynder'a face with his forelegs, feeling the blood that was trickling out of her cheek as he screamed.

Our life as we know it (Born again)

Bury, bury the dead

"She's not g-gone, she can't be. I refuse to accept that. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she died because of my dark form."

"Spyro! Use your Aether breath! We can still save her; she isn't gone yet."

Every life that comes next

Buries the dead

"K-Keep fighting, that's what I have to do. I don't care if I have to die for this to be done. This is my destiny."

Waiting for our turn, will we watch the world burn?

As the trailer continued, the silhouettes of Spyro and Cynder are seen behind three dragon eggs, the eggs in the sunlight that was getting into the cave through a hole in the rock formation that had been deliberately made.

Vita Nova

"It's over."

(Vita Nova) Bury the dead

As Spyro struggled against the shadowy opposition in Warfang, he suddenly was knocked out of the air by one of the soldiers, allowing the small army to ensnare the purple dragon with shadowy tendrils on his chest and legs using a shadow spell, immediately suspending him in the air as he tried to struggle, kicking and thrashing as he tried to free himself.

Vita Nova

(Vita Nova) Bury the, Bury the dead

Spyro's attempts to free himself were in vain, and the shadowy tendrils ensnared him further, getting his neck and wings caught as well, which limited the amount of movements he could do in this situation even further.

Finally, new life comes next

As the trailer closed, the sun rose over the Dragon Realms as the family of five dragons looked out to the sunset, seeing the day slowly fade to night as they all walked back into the cave.