#4- The Talk During Lunch

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!
Y/n's P.O.V

After seeing Kuroo in his own room through my window, I found it odd. He was staring a lot, maybe he's just curious. That has to be it, right?

Walking down the stairs after exsiting my room I make my way down to the kitchen room. My parents having called me down once lunch was done.

Entering the kitchen they're both sat down, conversing between themselves. I sit down in my seat, but something my mother says catches my attention.

"So you're telling me a fire was the reason they move in? And it was that kid, Kuroo Tetsurou, that found the house next door?" She questions my dad. He only nods his head in response.

"Y/n, did you feel anything strange when you spoke with the new neighbors?" My dad asks me.

"Well, sort of, but nothing rude of course!" I exclaim not wanting to sound rude or paranoid.

He just hums, "Y/n, I want you to be careful around the new neighbors kid, Kuroo, okay?"

I look up at them both, "Sure, but why?" I question in curiosity.

"I don't know, but he feels off. And I don't like the fact that your mother and I aren't around as often as we'd like. I don't like it any better that Kuroo's parents aren't around almost all the week either." He says rubbing his eyes.

I turn my glance over at my mother, "Y/n, just be careful, okay? Your dad's just worried you're alone at home most of the time and that Kuroo will also be alone. There's no one to help if he does something, just make sure you don't open the door for anyone okay?" She questions me.

There was nothing I could do but nod my head 'yes'.

Who knew the new neighbors would have such an impact on my parents behavior? I wondered to myself.

Surely he can't be that bad, can he?
No, I'm probably just overthinking it, and that won't help, it only paints him as a bad picture in my mind.

After nodding my head, I sat eating my food silently. Constantly turning to face my parents every so often. Watching as they also were quietly eating, lost in their own thoughts.