#13- Inviting Him in

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!
Y/n's P.O.V

The new school year finally started, and I can't say I wasn't happy about it. We went into the first week of the new school year. I have gotten a bit less paranoid, but I can't shake the feeling of being watched almost all the time. Since Kuroo and I are neighbors, we both take the same bus and walk together to and from school.

Sometimes having to walk alone considering he's a part of the volleyball club, he's the captain after all.

I feel like I'm probably giving myself a false sense of security. I should probably just stop brushing off the feeling of being watched, but I don't want to worry my parents about it so I just keep it to myself.

I should probably talk to them about it if gets a little too serious...

but when is it a little too serious though?

Kuroo and I actually got a few classes together. Thanks to the teachers, we got stuck as partners for a project. Kuroo would go on about how we could just head into his home or mine.

I did get a little uncomfortable. I don't want to invite him into my home, but I think I'd feel safer in my home. We could probably just work at the table outside in my backyard too.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○•○•○•○•○•○•

Once school was over, Kuroo came up to me in the last class telling me I should head home.

"Sorry, Y/n. I'd walk with you today so we could get started with the project quicker, but I got stuck having to stay behind for a mandatory meeting for volleyball club." He said, "We could just work on the project once I get home and change. We could work on it in my place if you'd like."

Hearing him say that did make me get startled, "Oh no! I would actually prefer working on the project over at my place." I exclaimed.

He just nodded his head, "Alright, I don't mind."

"Actually we could work on it in my back yard, I have a table there with a cover to block the sun too. I think it's nice working back there with the nice wind blowing." I said looking at him.

"Sure! I'll head over to your place after I'm done at mine!" He smiled, waving good-bye at me.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

It's already 6 in the afternoon, and I saw Kuroo waving at me through my living room window as he stepped inside his house.

Once Kuroo stepped back outside, he had taken a quick shower, his hair slightly damp. Wearing different clothing as well. I saw him shoving something into his back pocket. Stepping onto my front porch, I opened the door up for him.

He stepped inside, "Hey Y/n. Are your parents fine with me being in here?" He asked me as he turned to watch me lock the door to avoid having any uninvited strangers stepping in.

"I'm sure it's alright! Besides it can't be helped, we were assigned the project and it's mandatory anyways." I say leading him to the door that led to the back yard.

I found it strange how Kuroo would look at everything is eyes could see. Almost as if he was trying to absorb the rooms into his mind. Yet again, I didn't think too much of it.

Once I reached the back door, I opened it, I stepped outside first telling Kuroo which table we could use. As he steps outside though, the dogs ran over to him.

Clawing, barking, and showing their teeth at him. "Hey! No barking nor biting!" I shout telling the dogs off.

He just shakes his head, "It's fine really, they are trained anyways. They're just... looking out for you is all."

"Guess your dogs find me unwelcome Y/n," he says watching them go back into their own dog homes.

"I'm really sorry about that Kuroo, I don't know why they're both gotten so disturbed. It's been going on like that for a few months now." I say feeling bad for him.

It's not his fault, maybe it's just the fact that he smells like his own dog that sets my own dogs off.

PUBLISHED ON 6/17/2022