#8-That Fateful Day

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!
Kuroo's P.O.V
(FLASHBACK DURING 2ND YEAR)

I was in class, just minding my own business, mindlessly staring out the window taking a glace every so often. Not like I needed to listen to the lesson anyways, it was chemistry class.

Yet, it was such a boring day, foggy. Good enough weather for someone to mistake it for a possible rainy day. However, it hadn't rain at all in the month of February.

Answering a question the teacher asked, me claiming that, 'I wasn't paying attention' I start to doodle on my notebook disturbed. The hell does he know?

Yet looking at the clock there were still a few second left. Awaiting for the bell to signal class was over, a figure walking outside caught my eye. You looked so beautiful, almost like an angel from the two story building I was in.

Just who were you? I'd ask myself. It wasn't until I saw you entering the cafeteria that I realized the bell had already rung.

Hurrying to gather my belongs, I throw them into my bag. Dashing for the door and down the set of stairs, racing for the exist of the building to head towards the cafeteria.

Once making it there, I throw the doors open with such force almost everyone turns to face my way. But they don't matter, they aren't you.

Speeding through faces, searching for yours, I finally spot you at the corner making small talk with one of the staff members. I saw you carrying that familiar (f/c) bag.

You looked so kind and sweet. Smiling, you looked to be in some sort of rush, but tried being nice and not make the worker feel like a nuisance.

I couldn't let you just leave without some sort of memory now could I? The worker was pointing towards a door, and you nodded your head in understanding. Setting your hoodie down on the nearest surface I saw you open the door.

There were many boxes and I saw you look through them. While you were occupied, and no one was looking I grabbed your (f/c) hoodie and placed inside my bag in a rush.

Surely you wouldn't miss a simple jacket now would you? I'm sure you won't even remember it in a few weeks. You'll probably think you misplaced it or something along those lines.

As I made my way to leave, I turn to take one last look at you. Your soft (h/c) hair covering half of your face. Features showing concentration.

If I took a picture now, you won't notice. Actually no one would, if I get spotted I could always say I'm apart of the photo club or the year book club, anyways.

Taking out my phone I angle it. Trying to catch as much of your face in the picture as I could.

*Click*

I'm just... admiring your beauty from afar? Is that so bad?
I'm not hurting you or anyone, there's no reason for me to feel ashamed nor guilty.
And the bad part was: I didn't.

After taking a quick set of pictures I feel my heart rate begin to quicken.
This isn't normal, I know it isn't but I can't seem to convince myself out of this odd behavior.

About to leave the building my friend Yaku comes jogging up to me. "Hey! Kuroo what's wrong with you? I've been shouting your name for a while now, are you okay?"

"Oh I- yeah Yaku, what's up?" I question him, avoiding eye contact.

"Kenma said you guys didn't meet up like you usually do before you both head over to the cafeteria. He seemed worried is all." Yaku says pointing towards Kenma who was walking over to us.

"Sorry about that you two... Let's just say something came up," I say leading them away from where I was earlier when taking those pictures of you.

It's not a crime that I took those pictures if they don't know I did it.

Kenma and Yaku just share worried glaces at each other but don't push the topic any farther. Instead I lead them back to the table our team regularly eats at.

Lev and Yamamoto shouting about something and Kai asking if I was alright.

Yuki Shibayama saying it was strange to not find Kenma and I together like usual.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

PUBLISHED 6/16/2022