#28- "Akaashi! Let's go check it out ourselves!"

-𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒱𝑜𝓉𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 ★

Walking back down the street Bokuto and Akaashi came from they both walk in silence. Akaashi looking over at Bokuto, 'he's been weirdly quiet since the detective asked us if we knew where Kuroo might be hiding...'

Akaashi sighs to himself, "Bokuto what's wrong?"

Bokuto looks over at him startled, "Nothing wrong Akaashi! Why do you think somethings wrong?" He asks looking away from Akaashi again.

"You've been quiet since we left the police station, and you seem to be thinking hard on something too." Akaashi says looking in front of him.

"...Akaashi do you think we can go somewhere before calling it a day?" Bokuto questions.

Akaashi sighs, mentally scolding himself, "Sure, Bokuto, where do you want to go?"
....

"Bokuto, I thought you said that place you want to go was abandoned." Akaashi says, looking around at the woods they were walking through.

"It is! I just... I think Kuroo might be there though..." Bokuto admits, feeling bad about not mentioning the place before.

"Bokuto. Why. Didn't. You. Tell. The. Cops?" Akaashi asks, looking at Bokuto like he was crazy for dragging them both out onto possible danger. "Let's head back right now," Akaashi says.

"Akaashi wait! I just- please, let's check it out for ourselves, Kuroo's our friend!" Bokuto pleads with Akaashi.

"Bokuto, right now, Kuroo's the number one suspect for the kidnapping of Y/n L/n. We can't defend him from that, even if he's our friend!" Akaashi says, trying to convince Bokuto from going in any further into the woods.

"Please, Akaashi! Let's go take a look at the place! If we find something we'll head back!" Bokuto says, waiting for Akaashi's answer.

Akaashi shakes his head, suggesting to go back know and let the cops know.

"Fine! You go back, I'll take a look myself," Bokuto says, continuing to walk into the forest.

"Bokuto no- wait!" Akaashi exclaims, following after his friend, Bokuto.

"I thought you were going to go back?" Bokuto asks.

"I was, but I'm not letting you drag yourself into danger. I might not be as strong as you two, but I want to protect you in any way I can. Even if that means going with you," Akaashi says looking over at Bokuto once he's by his side.

"Thanks Akaashi," Bokuto smiles.

Akaashi just stays silent.

PUBLISHED 7/1/2022