#19- Home Is Where You Are

"ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵂᵉ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ ᵗᵒᵍᵉᵗʰᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ˢᵃʸ ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ˢᵗᵃʸ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵇᵉ ˢᵉᵖᵃʳᵃᵗᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ'ᵛᵉ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ˡᵒᶜᵏᵉᵗ ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈᵒʷⁿ" - Cults- Always Forever

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!
Y/n's P.O.V

"Where are we Kuroo? And why do I feel so tired?" I question him, feeling him pick me up from the car I was previously sleeping in.

"It's nothing important Y/n, all that matters is that we're at our new home!" He cheered.

"...New home?" I ask slightly confused.

"Yeah, that's right, our new home. Where you and I will be together." I heard him say.

"W̖̜̰̰̤̞̺ͧ̆͛͜h̙̦̦̖͇̓͗ͨ̈́͡e̷̹̲͈̤̲̰̼̋͐͂r̭̠̬̀̄ͩ͗͝eͭ̌͏͉̳̺͖̞ ̻͕̥̣̗̠́͆ͩ̌͞ẇ͗͐҉͓̬̖͉̝̮̻e̛̙̗̬̾ͫ ̲̖͋͜w̵̤͉̤̙͙ͥͪͧͭo̵̱̥̖̻̞̪̘̒͒n̡̻̪̬̘̮͍̻̬̹̣̟̹ͣͫ̃͒̓͝'̜̖̗̱̼̋ͦ̉ͬ͟t͕̩̱ͬ͘ ̷͇̟̙̩̻̺̮̠ͮ͒b͓͉̘̅͌̈͘è̄͏̹̜̣̝̼ ͉̜͑̍̏͝ͅs̢̬̹͓̤̰̾ẻ̛̩̙̥̆p̛̩͚̭͖͖̽̍̓ͅͅa͔͙̭̬̺ͧͥ͝r̝̙̪͉̹̣̯̘̔̾ͪ͞ḁ͔͙̙̠͚̱̃̏͡t̺̹̤͋̎̒̀ẹ̞̖̹͌̽͂̏́d̻̺̞̪͕̝́͐͌͢.̡̜̦̦̏̍"

I heard him whisper.

"What was that, I didn't really hear you Kuroo." I ask looking up at his eyes.

"Oh, nothing of importance," he replies.

"Okay..." I say leaning back down into his hold.

Looking up at the old building he was leading us up into I couldn't help but wonder...

Why wasn't I scared?
I should be afraid, shouldn't I?
All I remember was waking up in the car before he said he'd get some supplies.
...    ...    ...   ...   ...   ...    ...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

Yet most importantly, why was I really sleepy?

What happened before all of that?

Looking down at my hands and legs I hadn't realized they'd been tied together.

...    ...    ...    ....    ...    ...    ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

Upon entering the unknown building Kuroo had driven us to, I look around.
It's a really strange place, and it's very quiet. I don't hear people talking nor the sound of any car engines either.

Just where am I?

Kuroo puts me down onto a part of the floor that wasn’t as dirty as the rest.

"Stay here okay? I brought a broom so I'll clean up the dust. Then I'll bring in the futons and some blankets along with pillows so we get comfortable, alright?" He says, looking at me.

I hear him but don't say anything, instead looking down at the ground. He began to untie my wrist and legs.

"Alright? Y/n?" He says, his voice lowering down in volume sounding deeper.

Startled I look to see him still standing over me. I just nod 'yes'. Seemingly satisfied with that he smiles, petting my head before walking out.

Hearing him open the door to go back to the car, I grip the blanket tighter in my hands.

I might not remember what exactly happened before all this but I'm sure I'll come back to my senses... I have to.

I then hear Kuroo opening the door to the building again, stepping in with a cleaning broom in his hand. He begins to sweep the dust away from me. Once he gathered most of it, he began to sweep it outside.

Kuroo then enters again, carrying two futons, blankets, and pillows. He then sets them down onto the ground beside me, kneeling down. He turns to face me but I quickly look away.

"What's wrong Y/n? What are you thinking so hard about?" He softly questions me, kneeling infront of me.

I hesitate... what if he gets mad at me? I don't really know him well enough. So I'm not sure if he has a violent nature to him...

"I know I already asked where we are, but can I know why we're here?" I question, timidly looking into his eyes.

Not sure of what to expect I flinch and shut my eyes as I see him lift his hand to my face...

Except he doesn't hurt me, instead sliding his hand onto my cheek in a comforting manner, he then speaks, "There's nothing to be afraid about Y/n, I won't hurt you. And the 'why' to your question is simple, we are here because home is where you are. We could be anywhere in the world, but as long as I'm with you, I know I'll always be at home."

He smiles, sighing, he then presses my head down onto his shoulder stroking my (h/c) hair with his large hand.

"Everything is fine, I promise, you'll never have to worry about anything as long as I'm around. And I don't plan on leaving any time soon either." I hear him mumble, feeling the vibration of his chest as he spoke.

" 'Home is where you are' " ...
Home is where I am?

What's a place to call home if there never was someone to come home too?