#14- Sorry, You Just Happened To Come At The Wrong Time⚠️

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!

⚠️WARNINGS: DROWNING, MURDER, AND SLEEPING DRUGS⚠️

Y/n's P.O.V

Kuroo and I had finished most of the project, checking the time, it was a little over 8 p.m. Kuroo seemed keen on the idea of finishing the project in one go, and I couldn't blame him.

While we worked quietly, and trying to finish it quickly, the sound of my phone ringing caught me off guard. Kuroo stops writing and turns to look up at me, seeing my hand reach for my phone.

"Sorry about that Kuroo! I have to take the call. I'll head inside so I don't disturb you." I say standing up to head inside.

I press accept to the phone call, "Oh hey cousin Alex! What's up?" I say shutting the door behind me.

I turn to look outside as I see Kuroo, seeming to be pondering on something.

My cousin's voice is then heard through the phone, "Hey Y/n! I know your parents are most likely not at home, but I wanted to stop by and check up on you. Mind if I stop by and pick up those books I let you borrow while I'm at it?"

I smile, "Sure, I don't mind. I haven't see you in a while anyways. I have company over too by the way."

He chuckles, "It's alright, I thought your parents don't like you having people over though?" He questions.

"It's actually for a school project, and he's my new neighbor!" I say, smiling.

"Fine by me, I won't bother you too much then," he says, "I'll be there in a few."

"Okay," I say hanging up.

Once I hang up the phone call, I head back outside. Kuroo raising his head to look at me. "Sorry about that Kuroo, my cousin, Alex, is coming over. He'll be here soon I hope you don't mind."

"No worries, this is your house anyways," he says getting up.

"Wait! I'm not telling you to leave, he'll only be here for a little bit then he'll be on his way." I say, suggesting for him to sit back down. To which he does.

Not long after, we hear the sound of a truck driving into our drive way. Hearing the sound of the trucks engine stop, and of someone stepping off the truck, shutting the door.

I hear Alex knocking on the door so I turn towards Kuroo, him nodding his head at me. I get up entering my house. I unlock the front doors and let him in. "Long time no see," he smiles nodding his head at me.

"I missed you," he laughs, his curly black hair swaying along with his movements.

"Come on, my neighbor's out in the back yard, I don't want to leave him alone." I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him along. "I'll grab some drinks for us, and I'll ask Kuroo what he wants too." I told Alex.

"Kuroo?" He asks. "Yeah that's my neighbors name," I smile.

Stepping outside I told Alex to go ahead and sit down. He didn't agrue, instead choosing to sit by the pool.

"Kuroo what would you like to drink?" I ask, "What do you want to drink Alex?" I question him too.

"Anything is fine with me Y/n," Kuroo says smiling. Alex nodding his head along with what Kuroo said.

"Okay! I'll bring some (f/d)," I turned entering inside.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
"So, Kuroo was it? Nice, to meet you. The name's Alex, is there something going on between you and my cousin Y/n," Alex questions Kuroo.

Kuroo just looks at him in silence, later answering, "Nothing really, we're just neighbors. We got assigned this project so that's why I'm here. I think she's really nice and interesting."

"I see..." Alex answers looking up at the darken sky, the sun beginning to set.
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I step back into the backyard, handing them both their drinks. Later setting mine down besides Kuroo's drink.

"I'll go ahead and grab the books you let me borrow real quick Alex!" I say, heading to my room.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Kuroo and Alex wait in silence, Kuroo shuffling with something in his back pocket. Alex staring down into the pool. While Kuroo pulls something out of his pocket, the sound of a bag open runs through the backyard. Not loud enough for Alex to hear.

Alex turns to look over at the door, waiting for Y/n to come back oustide. However, he spots Kuroo's hand trembling to hide sometimes in his palm.

Before Alex questions him, you come back outside.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"Here are your books Alex!" I say setting them down on the table. Taking my own seat beside Kuroo. Taking a sip from my drink, Kuroo just watching me intently.

Except after the first few drinks I begin to get a headache. Suddenly feeling sleepy as I try getting up, but hit the ground, suddenly losing my consciousness.

I see Kuroo rush to stand up from his chair and Alex coming to stop Kuroo from getting closer.

"What did you do to her Kuroo!?" Alex shouts at him.

"I didn't do anything," Kuroo says trying to get past Alex. Alex however punches Kuroo in the jaw.

"Look, I don't want to fight with you okay?" Kuroo says, grabbing his jaw, holding back a pained groan.

However Alex doesn't stop throwing himself at Kuroo. Kuroo however, grabs him and throwing both himself and Alex into the swimming pool behind them.

Alex and Kuroo both come up to surface level at the same time to catch some air. Alex trying to get out of the pool, Kuroo grabbing his shirt pulling him back down.

"It's nothing bad, it's just some sleeping pills. An overdose, actually, it'll help keep her unconscious for at least a day" Kuroo says, grabbing Alex by his throat pushing his head under water.

Seconds turn into minutes, watching as Alex's struggling turns slower and with less strength. 

Alex eventually stops struggling, Kuroo letting go. Alex's body just rises to float lifeless on the surface of the swimming pool.

Kuroo gets out of the water coming over to me, my dogs jump up on him biting his skin. "Y/n, I know you love your dogs, you either tell them to stop or I hurt them too."

He threatens me, I tell the dogs to stop and they let go but growl at him. I hadn't realized I'd began to cry, tears slowly sliding down my face.

Alex was dead, just floating on the surface of the swimming pool. The one we're he taught me how to swim in when we were both younger.

Kuroo comes down to my side and crouches, he strokes my hair. Rubbing my tears away with his hand. 'Shhhhh'  I hear him say.

I just stare silently at the pool, eventually having the full effect of the sleeping drugs kick in. I then grow unconscious, the last thing I hear being Kuroo whisper, "It's all okay." Feeling myself being picked up from the ground.

I'm sorry cousin Alex, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have let this happen to you.

PUBLISHED 6/18/2022