#10- The Fire

Ⓓⓞⓝ'ⓣ ⓕⓞⓡⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ, ⓢⓗⓐⓡⓔ, ⓐⓝⓓ ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ!

Kuroo's P.O.V

Soon we were on break since it was summer, it was the perfect time to start the plan to move out of here and become your new neighbor.

It was simple really... ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴ:

ᴍʏ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏꜱ, ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ  ᴋᴇɴᴍᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴇɪɢʜʙᴏʀꜱ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ.

ɪꜰ ɪ ɢᴇᴛ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ, "ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ɪ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴄᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ. ɪ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴀ ɴᴀᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴜʀɴ ɪᴛ ᴏꜰꜰ." 

ɪ ᴅᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴠᴏʟʟᴇʏʙᴀʟʟ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏꜱ, ɪᴛ'ᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴇnꜱe ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ.

ᴋᴇɴᴍᴀ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏo, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʜᴇ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡꜱ ɪ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴠᴏʟʟᴇʏʙᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀᴛ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ.

So I set that plan up, none of my neighbors were there. I was home alone again, there was no one there to convince me otherwise. My parents weren't here to tell me this was wrong.

There are no witnesses.

So I set a match in the kitchen and another in the backyard to make it burn more of the house down.

If the fire gets put down while it's still small and in the kitchen, my parents will most likely not move out.
The hell would they care? It's not like they spend as much time as I do here anyways.

So I turned on two matches, placed them in the kitchen and back yard, and waited.

Just sat there and waited.

I walked into the living room having my dog sitting on my lap. I watched as the flames grew slowly, and my dog barking.

Once I thought they were large enough that it would burn most of the place down by the time the fire department was alerted I ran outside.

I've got to make an impression as of I'd just woken up and and saw the flames.

If I get asked why I didn't call the fire department myself I'll just say I was to caught up trying to save my dog and to busy trying to get out of the house that I forgot my phone.

Running outside a pair of dog walkers ran up to me, "Are you alright?! Is anyone else in there?"

"No, it was just me, I had to save my dog when I saw the flames, then I ran out here." I say staring at the now smoking house.

"Someone call the fire department!"

"Grab the hose and turn the water on!"

"Help me try to keep the fire from spreading onto the neighboring homes!"

It's going better than I thought...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

By the time the fire truck got here and the fire was put out, most of my home was ruined. My parents were also called down.

I was asked questions and answered them saying, "I was asleep and got woken up but the smell of fire."

Those dog walkers weren't apart of the plan, but they did help  improve my plan. Telling authorities that they saw me run outside carrying my golden retriever in my hands.

At the end of it, the cops and fire fighters claimed it was either a fire in the kitchen along with another un-known source.

Thanking them, the landlord later appeared saying we'd be given some time to move out.

There's no time to waste, I've already found the perfect place. I'll become Y/n's neighbor in no time.

So I brought up the place to my parents the second day after the fire, saying I felt guilty and felt the need to search for a new place.

They bought the lie so easily, that they agreed. They must have already felt guilty enough not being here with me during all of it. And we made the deal with your previous neighbor on that night and moved in the next morning. Meeting you face to face for the first time.

Published 6/17/22