Ch3 Reunion, P1

Chapter 3: Reunion (1)
~3.1~
*****

A few weeks later, Kye's mother took the older girls to Alcanus. It was a few days before the start of the academy term. Their primary goal was to visit the palace to acquire a weapon capable of withstanding Kye's white mana, but before that Layla took the girls to see the city.

As with other large cities in this world, this one spans hundreds of miles. This is the City of Arslade, capital of Alcanus and my mother's home.

They were standing in front of a small café with a sign that read "The best pastries in Arslade!" Layla gave the girls a grin and led them inside.

"Welcome!" a waitress greeted them. "Please sit anywhere you'd like! Would you... Oh! Lady Layla! And you've brought three cute girls with you!"

"Oh, my," came a voice from a nearby booth. "Fancy meeting you here." Layla and company glanced over to the source of the voice. A woman with blonde hair that reached her knees was sitting at a nearby table with a young pink haired girl.

Oh my god, she's so cute. How is it possible for such an adorable girl to exist?! I want to dote on her. I want to pet her!

Kye had stars in her eyes, but Liliana and Aliana kept her reigned in. Kye smiled apologetically, but then noticed something.

She has a lot of mana. Her soul...

Kye squinted, trying to peer into the girl's soul.

She's immortal... OH MY!

The pink-haired girl looked in Kye's direction and smiled before Layla stepped between them. "Ah, Astraia! It is good to see you."

"Likewise, Layla. I am happy to finally meet your daughter, though I must say I did not expect it to be so early. What happy happenstance that you visited this café at the same time!"

"Indeed." Layla glanced over at the pink haired girl sitting with Astraia.

"Alethea, introduce yourself. You may use the short version."

Alethea nodded, stood up, and curtsied. "Greetings, I am Alethea Atlantis of Atlantis. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I am Layla Barrett of Alcanus." Layla gestured for the girls to introduce themselves and stepped aside. "You may use the short greeting."

Kye nodded and said with a curtsy, "Greetings, I am Kye Akari of Nippon Sekai."

"I am Liliana Venturi of Nippon Sekai."

"I am Aliana Venturi of Nippon Sekai."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," they said together.

"It's my pleasure as well. I am Astraia Atlantis of Atlantis."

The waitress was standing nearby watching the exchange between the royals with stars in her eyes. "Oh my, what proper young royals! And incredibly cute, too!" The four girls curtsied for her.

"Water for all of us, please," Layla said as she sat down at the table next to Astraia.

"Coming right up!" The waitress left menus on the table and disappeared into the back room.

The girls perused the menu, each looking for their favorite pastry.

"Please have it..." Kye mumbled as she flipped through the pages. Liliana and Aliana were hurriedly flipping through the menu as well. Astraia and Alethea watched with curiosity.

"Princess, I found it!" Liliana said. "It's here, on the second to last page."

Kye quickly flipped to that page and confirmed it. Alethea curiously opened the menu on their table to see what Kye was interested in. "Shortcakes?"