Ch8 Field Trip, P4

Chapter 8: Field Trip (4)
~8.4~
*****

Around the time Kye and company detected the threat, Alethea and the others arrived at Northern Forest. What they saw from the air was a forest of giant trees so sturdy that buildings were built on them. The entire city was suspended among the trees. The ground below was completely natural, save for the four paths going through from outside. Elevators were mounted along the paths to allow passage from the ground to the city. The surrounding land was mostly fields with the occasional regular-sized forests and small towns.

"Quite the view," Alethea said while standing at the edge of the balcony in their hotel room. Michelle and Doran were staying next door, but had no intention to actually do that. Both wanted to stay with Kye and Alethea. She turned around and smiled, causing both redheads' hearts to race. "Isn't it?"

Michelle was staring intently at Alethea so intently that Doran waved her hand in front of her face and got no reaction.

"Michelle?"

"I am having very immoral thoughts right now."

Alethea smirked and reached for the collar of her shirt. She dragged it down just enough to show off her cleavage to the redheads. "Yeah?"

"Girl, you are really pushing it."

Alethea giggled and let go of her collar. "Heh. I remember the last life we had together, the last time we had sex... hehe." She shook her head rapidly, then clapped both of her cheeks. "I better stop before I get horny, too."

Michelle was still staring, but now with a raised eyebrow. "You already are, don't even lie. Can we just ignore the part where our mortal families would get upset if we got down and dirty?"

"Heh. Yeah. Wouldn't that be nice?" Alethea sighed. "Maybe we can fudge the rules a bit after our business here is wrapped up."

"And now you're giving me hope."

Alethea and Doran exchanged glances and giggles. Alethea abruptly stopped laughing, and a single tear fell down her face as she slowly walked toward the bathroom.

"What's wrong?"

"Male biology."

She almost closed when Doran's hand stopped it. "Shall I join you and we talk a bit, love? I might have some helpful words."

Alethea slowly nodded and let her come in as well.

*****

"Fia?" Kye said. She gasped and clasped a hand over her mouth. Why did I call her that?

Alfia turned and smiled briefly before unsheathing her odachi. She showed no outward signs of mana usage. There was none clinging to her body, none on her blade, and she gave off almost no indication that she was wielding any.

But she was.

She was channeling a monstrous amount of aether that dwarfed that of the elder royals to such a degree that none of them could ever hope to compete. The onlookers had trouble discerning it otherwise, but felt the immense mass of aether swarming within Alfia. Kye knew why. Alfia was wielding white aether so adeptly that none of it escaped her body without her allowing it.

Moments later, the beast that came out of the rift appeared. It had jumped from where it landed under the rift several miles away to the clearing they were standing in. It landed and eyed Kye.

"YOU," was all it said.

Alfia sighed. "You poor warped soul. Eli, you understand what these things are, correct?"

Kye nodded hesitantly. "I am appalled by it." Her eyes were glowing as she peered into the beast, looking at its very soul. "It's in such pain. Please kill it without damaging the soul. I'll send it off myself."