Ch3 Reunion, P4

Chapter 3: Reunion (4)
~3.4~
*****

"This is my true appearance as Elysia. My soul influences my mortal bodies to grow as similar to this as possible."

"Illusion magic..." James's mouth was agape. He eyed Allison, "Did you know she can do that?"

Allison shrugged, saying nothing.

Kye smiled and dispersed the illusion. "Alethea already looks very much like Maya. Imagine my surprise when I saw your soul in that dessert parlor in a body looking so similar, despite still being that young."

"I hoped if we met in this world, you would recognize me. Imagine my surprise when I saw that pendant with my name on it." She smiled, but shook her head. "I can't see souls like you. In fact, only you and Adara ever developed that ability. It was always you that found me. Even when we didn't know, you would see my soul and be unable to ignore the familiarity."

Kye smiled, then chuckled. "Yeah." The two began to look into each other's eyes. They may have spent an hour just staring at each other had Atalante not interrupted them.

"What makes this life different? You have your memories this time. I imagine a being with as much life experience as you would be... how do I put this...?" She shook her head, unsure how to word it. "It's clear to me that either of you are beyond talented. I've personally witnessed Alethea control aether at a level far beyond what any of us can, albeit with the limited output of a child. May I assume you are similar in skill?"

Kye nodded. "Yes."

She called it "aether".

"My next question... why are you here?"

Kye glanced at Alethea. "Mission?"

"Mission."

"Then we're here for the same thing." Kye looked up at Atalante, then briefly at every other adult. "There is an entity we must eliminate. I was told nothing more than that."

"That's all I was told as well."

Kye sighed. "To have absolutely no information is going to be difficult."

"Just to make sure I have the correct understanding," Atalante said, "you have been given a mission by Eve the Primordial to eliminate an entity... somewhere here?"

Kye nodded. "Do you know what this world is called?" Atalante shook her head. "Recently, the planet Daemonheim has become accessible and an alliance between Lord Apollyon and you has been formed. Do you know where Daemonheim exists? Do you know where Terra, Alcanus, Drachenheim, and Nippon Sekai exists?"

"Stop beating around the bush," Allison said, finally speaking up. "Everyone here knows that this world is called the Ten Realms. Terra exists in Realm 1, Alcanus in Realm 2, Drachenheim in Realm 3, Nippon Sekai in Realm 4, and Drachenheim in Realm 5. It is currently not possible for normal travel to Realms 6 through 10."

"Allison, you are speaking of-"

"Silence, Atalante." Allison didn't as much as glance at the empress. Her eyes were glued to Kye. "More than the Ten Realms, we also know the name of the world beyond. Almost everything you've told me about the world is information we already have, we being those of us present in this room."

Normally, someone telling the empress to be silent would not be taken well, but in the limited company of the meeting, they accepted it. Allison was, afterall, the most powerful combatant of the empire, and she rarely spoke beyond what was absolutely necessary.

"I will emphasize, however, that such information is not known beyond this room. The other royals and the nobles below us are not as privy. Some royals know some things, but none know what the word at the top left of the system menu actually is, aside us." She leaned back in her seat and folded her arms. After a sigh, she added, "What I'm saying... is that we know who Elysia is. The moment you told me your real name, I knew."