Ch4 The Royal Academy, P3

Chapter 4: The Royal Academy (3)
~4.3~
*****

Seventeen years ago, on December 20, 11982...

A dark purple and black mansion sat upon a small rocky island hovering above a sea of purple... water? A man stood in front of a window on the third floor gazing out at the vast empty world before him. The man wore a suit fit for a noble that matched his shoulder-length black hair and black eyes. With him were two men and one woman, the men with short black hair, the woman with long black hair, and all three with the same black eyes and noble outfits. They sat at a table nearby drinking tea.

"Lord Phantom, it seems both the acquisitions failed," said one of the men at the table. "In both cases, the child was successfully acquired and lost. For the child on Nippon Sekai, Allison Barrett and her siblings were there. They chased down the agent and rescued the child. The agent did confirm the child possesses white aether. As for the child on Terra, Atalante Atlantis, James Marshall, and Alexandra Romanov were nearby and rescued the child. That child was also confirmed to possess white aether and has been adopted by Atalante Atlantis."

"So, both children are royals," Phantom replied. "That certainly increases the difficulty of retrieving them. I don't wish to announce myself to the world, so I cannot allow myself or you three to attempt to retrieve them..." He turned around and faced the table with one hand on his chin. "It may be best to wait until they enter the academy. Nobles and royals in this world have very sheltered upbringings."

"If I may suggest-"

"No," Phantom cut him off. "Elliot will use his position in the academy. We will wait until they have entered the academy and acquire them during a school trip that Elliot will chaperone."

"As you wish, my lord," Elliot replied.

"We will discuss details of the acquisition closer to the date."

"Yes, my lord," the three said in unison.

"What of your pet?" the woman asked.

"Let it sleep. We have no need to wake it just yet. Realm 5 has only recently been connected to the first four. I'd like to give them time to establish relations with the other four. The S-class beasts will suffice to keep them in check until I change my mind."

"As you wish, my lord."

"My lord, might I ask for more details on this new aether these two children possess?" Elliot asked.

"It's not new, though it is rather unique," Phantom said as his body was suddenly engulfed in white aether and his eyes glowing white. "I was born with this power and have kept it my little secret, but now that two more have been born in this world and others have seen it... it will soon become common knowledge. I wonder if they are here for pleasure or a mission." He returned his gaze to the world outside the window. "If nothing else, we must discover their purpose in coming here."

*****

On the evening of the opening ceremony, the students were brought to their dormitories and given a quick rundown of where everything could be found. Each dormitory had five floors with various facilities. On the ground floor was a common room, a dorm supervisor's office and living space, and a small cafeteria. A laundry facility and several student rooms were on the second floor. A small private gym, bath, and more student rooms were on the third floor. The entirety of the fourth and fifth floors were student rooms. The fifth floor contained larger rooms and typically went to royals if any were in that dorm or to other high-class nobles that had attendants.

Kye's room was one of the two rooms at the far end of the fifth floor. Her room had a view of the city on one side and a street between dorms on the other, as did Alethea's room next door. Liliana and Aliana stayed in Kye's room since they were her attendants. The girls from the Drachenheim group were assigned a luxury room at the front end of the building with a view overlooking the academy.