Ch14: A Strange Visitor, P5

Chapter 14: A Strange Visitor, P5
~14.5~
*****

"Whoa!" Aisha looked around and was unsure of what to think.

Kye stepped forward, eyeing the rainbow haired goddess sitting upon the throne. "Why does what she's saying make sense?"

"Do you remember what I said when I offered this mission to you?"

"Clearly. I asked you what I will start with. Your answer was 'everything'. I know most of my memories as Elysia are sealed. But it feels like there's something else missing."

"The answers you seek are not mine to give. You must look within."

Kye raised an eyebrow. "Can we skip the bullshit?"

Eve sighed. "Very well. When you woke up, you had no doubt that you are not a god. Yet, right now, you have doubts. You question whether the Church of Elysium holds you in high regard justly. This is far from your first time disliking having mortals worship you. I suggest speaking to Maya about this in detail. She'll be able to tell you how you reacted as Elysia." Eve waved her hand, and a screen appeared showing what Alethea and the others were doing atop the school building. "I ask you this. What is your relationship to me?"

"You are Elysia's biological mother."

"And if I am a god, would that not make you one as well?"

Kye grimaced. "That would be the logical answer."

"But you do not want to accept that logic, despite it making the most sense. Your past feats as Elysia do nothing to mask it."

"If I am a god, why did I even start transmigrating?"

"That is an answer you must find in your own memories."

Kye looked down, her eyes closed. "I understand."

Eve looked at Aisha and smiled. "Please be a good friend to my dear Elysia."

Aisha curtsied. "Yes, Goddess Eve."

"Oh, please, don't put that in front of my name. In private, just Eve or - if you're insistent - Lady Eve."

Kye giggled and grabbed Aisha's hand. "She likes you."

Eve sighed and waved her hand, as if shooing Kye. "Shush you." She smiled and snapped her fingers. The world around them instantly changed back into the bedroom they were in before.

Aisha had stars in her eyes. "Wow, I can't believe I got to meet Goddess Eve!"

"You'd better call her what she asked in private. Heh, she's always listening."

A knock suddenly came at the door and a man shouted from the other side, "Lady Aisha, Lady Kye, your presence is required in the throne room. An envoy from the Church of Elysium has arrived and demands an audience!"

Kye and Aisha exchanged glances. Kye nodded and Aisha shouted at the door, "We'll be there shortly." Kye quickly got dressed and followed Aisha to the throne room. Akasha and Akuma were already there with a group of knights dressed in blue and gold uniforms and one knight dressed in white and gold.

Akasha stood and introduced them. "This is Saint Theo Collbrande and his knights. They are from the Church of Elysium."

Collbrande stepped forward, looking at Kye. "Are you the one who intervened last night in the altercation between Lady Aisha Akaishi and Sir Logan Caladbolg?"

"I assume Sir Caladbolg is the one known as The Black Sword?"

"Yes."

"Why are you here? Don't you think it's odd to come here to his target's home?" Kye turned to Akasha. "And you allowed them in?"