Ch15: The Sword Saint, P5

Chapter 15: The Sword Saint, P5
~15.5~
*****

"Welcome to the Void."

Liliana raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you getting a little carried away?"

Aliana shook her head. "Not at all. This space is dense in void-attributed space mana." She twirled and danced around, creating various objects out of the abundant mana.

"Wow..." Michelle mumbled as they watched Aliana create a courtyard in front of the mansion.

"No kidding..." Adele said.

"I'm impressed, Aliana," Alethea said.

"Auntie is very talented," came a young voice from behind them. Kaede and Joey were standing behind them.

"Hey, what are you kids doing here?"

Joey pointed at the out-of-place door that Aliana had brought them through.

"Rei couldn't come through the door," Kaede said. "But we could."

"Huh? She couldn't?" Alethea turned to Aliana.

She shrugged. "I don't know."

"Huh. So then... what's the common denominator between all of us..." Alethea glanced around.

"Radiance," Joey said.

"Hmm... yeah, we all have Radiance, but Rei doesn't."

"Perhaps we can envelop her in Radiance to allow her to cross?" Adele asked.

"Maybe, but I'd wait until we fine Eli to try anything like that," Michelle said. She went back through the door and told Rei to go to Layla for a while. The dark-haired girl nodded and went into the palace.

Michelle returned quickly, and Aliana had created more scenery. "And a fake tree, and a fence, and a walkway, and a-"

Michelle smiled at the sight as she rejoined the others. "If the requirement to enter this... Void is to possess Radiance, can we not simply grant Radiance to Rei? Or anyone else we might want to bring here?"

"I can't grant Radiance," Alethea said. "You two can, but how many can you bless?"

"Three each," Adele answered.

"Shi-chan could grant it to Rei once she remembers how to do that, but that's a locked memory."

"Hmm..." Michelle sighed and looked at Adele.

"The sealed memories are quite a roadblock." She glanced over at Aliana. "First things first, though, we have to get to her. Aliana?"

"I can feel Princess from here. I can't feel anyone else, but I think that's because this is a construct of her creation." She held up her hand and began gathering mana.

"That makes sense. This space is part of Elysium, which was created by her power. The mana here must be hers as well... but it's so much. This place is unbelievably vast, yet the mana is so densely packed. It's mind boggling."

Aliana finished gathering mana and created a door. She reached for the knob and said, "Here."

She turned the knob and found Kye meeting with three others. All four turned and gasped.

Kye stood up and ran to the door. "Aliana?"

"Princess!" Aliana jumped into Kye's arms. "I missed you, Princess!"

"Princess?" said Luma, Aisha, and Carys all at once.

"Shouldn't it be 'Your Highness'?" Luma asked.

Kye shook her head after peeling Aliana off of her. "Yes, but not to another royal. She calls me Princess as a pet name."