Ch15: The Sword Saint, P4

Chapter 15: The Sword Saint, P4
~15.4~
*****

"What are you trying?" Liliana asked. Her black-haired sister was standing still in the palace courtyard, her hand outstretched and her body glowing with purple aether.

"I dislike being separated from Princess." Liliana nodded and waited for Aliana to do whatever she was doing. "I have long felt the presence of something with my void powers. Void is a subtype of space. I think the presence is... another space? I have to... imagine a pathway to that space..." Her aether coalesced into the rough shape of a door.

Alethea, Adele, and Michelle were flying overhead and sensed the aether. They dropped down next to Liliana, who shushed them so that Aliana could concentrate. Now using both hands, Aliana refined the door until it could be mistaken for an actual door. When she turned the knob, it opened into a world of purple land and purple water. She turned back to her companions.

"This is it. This is our way to Princess."

Confident, she stepped through the doorway. The air changed. On the other side, the air was heavy, and gravity was much more intense. She stumbled a little as she took her first step. Liliana, concerned for her sister, ran through and stumbled, too, but was able to stay on her feet and keep her sister from falling. The others prepared for the change and followed them through.

"What is this place?" Michelle asked. She looked around and saw only the chunk of land they were standing on surrounded by what appeared to be water on all sides as far as the eye could see. "It's..."

"There's an eerie emptiness," Adele mused.

Aliana, having adapted to the change in gravity, walked forward toward the middle of the island. "This place... it feels..." She looked around. In her mind, she saw a mansion, but there was nothing there. "It feels... like... I can do anything here."

Alethea began channeling mana and surrounded the entire island in her power. The others watched curiously. "I feel Shi-chan. She's... not here, but I feel her." Aliana held her hands out and dispersed the mana that Alethea was channeling before channeling her own. How did she do that?

Her mana gathered and soon took the form of the mansion she had just envisioned only a moment before. The mana solidified, and the mansion became reality. It did not vanish when she stopped channeling. Finally, understanding what she discovered, she faced her companions and greeted them, "Welcome to the Void."

*****

When Carys said, "Begin!" Kye vanished. With Luma being completely unintimidated, Kye decided it was best not to hold back. Luma moved fast, too. Kye moved around behind Luma, and was pleasantly surprised when Luma blocked her strike. Luma twisted around and kicked. Kye sidestepped to her left and went in for a palm strike with her open hand. She hit nothing but air as Luma leaped back and poured aether into her blade. Light aether swirled around Luma and focused into her sword as she prepared her attack.

If she is really Elysia, this will surprise her. "<<Seiken>>!" Luma unleashed a massive blast of light aether from her blade.

So that's how it is. Kye smirked and did the same. "<<Seiken>>!" The two masses of light aether collided and threw both combatants back. Lightning started crackling around Kye. Seeing that, Luma grinned and prepared a response with wind. "<<Ikazuchi>>!" A single powerful bolt of lightning shot forward.

"<<Luftschild>>." The lightning bolt collided with the wind swirling around Luma and was deflected into the sky. "<<Pentagust>>." She swung her sword from the ground up and unleashed five blades of compressed wind aether simultaneously.