Ch4 The Royal Academy, P1

Chapter 4: The Royal Academy (1)
~4.1~
*****

"Mother, Father, I will bring honor to our family," Kye said. Her parents had just joined the group of girls in front of the academy they were about to enter for the next several years.

"I have full confidence in you," the King replied with a confident grin.

"But can you survive in a school where your mother, aunt, and uncle work?" Layla wore a smirk as she teased her daughter.

"Princess has our full support! She will succeed no matter what!" Liliana boasted, not deterred in the slightest by Layla's teasing.

"Oh my. Such devotion!" Liliana's mother, Mikan Akari, was standing behind her. "Lily dear, you just make sure to stay out of trouble. You, too, Ali-chan."

"Please don't call me that, mother!" Aliana pouted at her mother's use of an older nickname.

"Come now, Mikan, the children are entering their sixteenth year. You'll do no more than embarrass them with that," said their father, Leonardo Venturi III.

Mikan took her turn pouting, not wanting to let go of the nickname she gave her daughter years ago. Noticing that, Aliana hugged her mother. Layla and Zen were smirking at the other two parents. All the while, Alethea was quietly smiling at the interactions.

"Greetings, Akari family," came an approaching female voice. It belonged to a red-haired woman with five teenagers in tow.

Alethea curtsied. "Greetings, Queen Draelana."

"Ah, Draelana. It's good to see you," Zen said. "I trust Drachenheim fares well?"

She nodded. "It does." She glanced over at Kye and Alethea. "Greetings, Princess Alethea, Princess Kye. I pray this is not too forward, but might I ask you to be friends with my bunch here?"

"Greetings, Your Majesty," Kye replied. They curtsied for the Dragon Queen. "It would be our pleasure." She turned to the five teenagers next to the queen. "I am pleased once again to make your acquaintance. I am Kye Akari of Nippon Sekai, daughter and first-born of King Zen Akari I of Nippon Sekai and Lady Layla Barrett of Alcanus, and great-granddaughter of Lady Hatsumi Akari, Lady Ginchiyo Tachibana, King Edward Barrett, and Lord James Marshall."

"I am pleased to make your acquaintance," Alethea echoed. "I am Alethea Atlantis of Terra, daughter of Empress Atalante Atlantis."

"While it is proper to state relations to the founders, all five of my bunch have the same relation to Lord Drayon and Lord Drakon, so only the first will specify that relation. The rest may omit it." Each of Draelana's group bowed or curtsied in turn as they introduced themselves.

"I am Doran Maya of Drachenheim, son and first-born Queen Draelana, great-grandson of Lord Drayon Maya, and great-great-grandson of Lord Drakon Maya." Doran had red hair and deep blue eyes. His bangs parted on either side of his face and reached his collarbone while his ponytail reached a bit further down his back. He wore a smile that left a strong impression on Kye, though that wasn't all that left a strong impression.

What? Is that...?

Though she was surprised, she hid it behind a noble facade.

"I am Danielle Maya of Drachenheim, daughter and second-born of Queen Draelana." Danielle wore her red hair in a ponytail that reached partway down her back. Her bangs framed her face, reaching down either side and cut just above her eyes. She had the same deep blue eyes as her brother.

"I am Elizabeth Maya of Drachenheim, daughter and third-born of Queen Draelana." Elizabeth's blonde hair reached her chest and her eyes shared the same color as her siblings.