Ch8 Field Trip, P1

Chapter 8: Field Trip (1)
~8.1~
*****

At the end of march, the year one classes left the academy to go on a field trip. They were chaperoned by several instructors and guards. There was one instructor and two guards for each class. Classes were organized by the first academic class of the day, though no academic instructors were present. Instructor Line was in charge of Kye's class. Instructor Jane and Instructor Elliot were chaperoning two of the other classes.

When the group was getting ready to depart at the World Gate in Arslade, Kye received a message. Liliana used telepathy to discuss it.

"Princess, you have a message from an unknown sender."

"Forward it like any other."

"You should look at this one yourself. It's not addressed to 'Kye Akari'. It's addressed to 'Elysia Athas'."

Kye immediately opened the message.

Elysia Athas, greetings. I trust you are doing well. Allow me to get straight to the point. If you desire the memories of your first life, come see me. You may bring your two attendants, but no others. I will not meet you if you bring anyone else. If you are unsure about recovering your memories, or even if you choose not to at this time, I would still very much like to see you, Eli. Included is the time and location I will wait for you. If you don't show, I will message you again with another time and location. I will not try more than three times.

Love, Alpha

"'Love, Alpha'?"

"Somebody from a past life?"

"Some would sign off with 'love' but nobody would address me as 'Elysia'."

"Are you going?"

Kye glanced at Alethea and the others. She had been looking forward to the field trip since the start of the term. "I can't ignore this."

"What's up, Shi-chan? You have a look like you're on a mission."

Kye nodded her head and looked up at the closest world gate. She walked over to the control panel and changed the destination. "Something came up."

"Kye, where are you going?" asked Instructor Line. "We are not departing yet."

"I have urgent business to take care of."

Overhearing, the other instructors hurried over, each protesting. Most notably, Elliot spoke up, "Miss Kye, you must stay. Your parents and the parents of every other student have entrusted us-" His voice stopped, despite his mouth still trying to speak. The look in her eyes changed. She wasn't taking no for an answer, but Alethea acted first.

As people started looking around, they noticed a large barrier of white aether, though most they mistook it for mana, surrounding them. Everyone looked at Alethea, seeking answers.

"My fiance clearly stated 'urgent business'. You know what that means, no?"

"I am speaking as Crown Princess of Nippon Sekai. I am excusing myself from the field trip for a short while. I have urgent business that takes priority over academy activities. I will meet back up with our group later." She then smiled and looked at her three girlfriends. "I'll explain later if anything comes of this." She left with Liliana and Aliana in tow.

"What in the world could it have been?" Doran asked.

Michelle shrugged, and the two stood in silence as Alethea removed the barrier, returning sound to everyone she had restricted.

"For you to use Imperial Authority in that matter, it must be serious," Line said. "Do you need to go, too, Alethea?"

The pink-haired girl shook her head. "No. I don't know what she's doing."