Ch13: Year 5 Begins, P3

Chapter 13: Year 5 Begins, P3
~13.3~
*****

"As such, I became an instructor as soon as possible and it is my duty to ensure each and every one of you break the standard set by previous first-years!" Much of the class cheered, Yami notably excluded. Kye smiled and continued, "Starting tomorrow! Today I'm only taking your measurements, so step forward one at a time." Kye summoned an orb and got ready to record the numbers.

Yami was the first to step forward, intent on setting precedence.

"Yami, if you score less than 100M, you will take remedials with Allison!"

Yami froze.

"Wow, she really is harder on Yami." "I don't think I'd want to be related to royal instructors." "They're strong, but they're crazy!"

Yami shook it off and raised her hand to the orb. She channeled an even flow of neutral mana and did indeed score over 100m, 747M to be exact, with her capacity landing at 17900B.

"Wow..." "She's amazing!" "I bet Miss Kye is way better!"

"Hey!" Yami said. "That last comment was completely unnecessary!" She turned back to her sister. "C'mon, say something!"

Kye nodded and scolded the class. "She's right. That last comment is not becoming of an academy student."

"Show us your score!" "I wanna see it, too!" "Please, Miss Kye!"

Kye sighed and glanced at Yami as if asking for permission. Yami also sighed and just nodded. Kye held her hand out to the orb. She channeled mana into it, and it displayed 10265b. "As you can see... my method is effective."

"Holy shit!" "What the hell?!" "What about your capacity!"

"Well..." Kye reached for the orb again and let it scan her capacity. It briefly displayed 9999T+ before shattering. Despite the improvements done to the orbs, they were still unable to read exceptionally powerful individuals, though they could give a maximum reading.

"..." "..."

"Just so you know, that happens with all adult royals, although I'm not quite old enough to be considered an adult royal... anyway, don't put much stock in it. Capacity grows far more than output, even if you don't train much or at all, and I've trained rigorously since I was three." Though my capacity is high for a different reason and the orb doesn't normally shatter. "Anyway..." She summoned another orb and directed the class to continue testing. "Next! State your name, then channel into the orb."

"Elizabeth Strauss," said the next volunteer. She placed her hand on the orb and it soon read 114M, then 1450B.

"Very nice! Has Isabel been helping you?" With her instructor authority, Kye could see student information and knew Elizabeth and her twin sister Sophia were Isabel's younger sisters. Isabel's younger brother, Friedrich, was a year older and in Zen's class.

"Yes. She has trained us very hard between terms the past few years."

"Great! I'll be sure to thank her later." Elizabeth nodded, and Kye turned her eyes to Sophia.

"Sophia Strauss," she said, accepting Kye's offer to go next. She scored the same as Elizabeth in both output and capacity.

"Great! I can't wait to work with this class!" Kye let her excitement show, being genuinely happy that others were growing so well. "Next!"

"Aina Inari Virtanen." Aina scored 113M on output and 935B on capacity.

"Well done! I take it your brother helped you?"

Aina nodded. "He did!"

"Great! Next!"

"Anastasiya Viktoriya Kistanov." She approached, but hesitated.