02

"This is better for us, you know?"—————————

—————————

My body was rigid and stiff from the tension I felt as I sat next to Harry, who continued to burn all of his marshmallows in the fire because he said that they tasted better that way.

"Come on, baby. Try one. You'll love it." He whispered to me so no one else could hear, and I felt my stomach jolt in disgust- but felt my spine also shiver from how good his voice sounded so close to me. His teasing would not let up tonight, I just know it. I gave him a warning look so he knew how much I wanted to kill him for what he was trying to do, and his devious smile only grew wider as he mocked me further.

"No. That's so gross, it'll just taste like the ashes." I scrunched up my nose as he held the burnt s'more in front of my face, and I tried my hardest to lean away from him. He shrugged his shoulders and took a big bite of it, causing sticky and melted marshmallow to drip down the front of his chin. I giggled at him as he tried to clean it, but it only made it worse as it clung to him further and smeared around on his skin. "Help." He whined softly, giving me his best puppy eyes.

I picked up a napkin and wiped his face for him, both of our chuckles and giggles filling the surrounding air. The rest of the group slowly grew silent, and Harry and I slowly turned our heads to look at them while our laughter died down. They all held the same amused expression, except for Hermione who hates the way Harry continuously flirts with me after we broke up- well, after he broke up with me. I explained to her that we've gone back to being friends and that's how we always acted as friends, but she has made it clear that she doesn't think it's fair to me.

"I'm going to get a blanket from my room, it's getting a bit chilly. I'll be back." I told them quickly before I stood from my seat to break up some of the awkward tension that had been created.

"Bring us one!" Ginny told me.

"Me, too! I want the one you brought over a couple weeks ago. With the uh-" Ron scratched the back of his neck and closed his mouth quickly.

"With the puppy dogs on it?" I laughed at him, and his face flushed even more with embarrassment before he nodded his head steadily. "It was soft..." he defended quietly and Harry let out a chuckle that he quickly suppressed by pretending it was a cough.

"Hermione that just leaves you." I sighed. "Do you want one as well?" I asked her. She shook her head defiantly and put her hands in front of the fire.

"I'll be fine." She told me, closing her eyes and letting herself enjoy the warmth. I nodded once before I walked towards the house. She always has been difficult and didn't want to follow the crowd.

As I walked through the hallway alone, more footsteps were hitting the floor behind me, making me turn around with wide eyes and a slight pang of fear in my chest. Harry followed just a few steps behind me, a soft smile on his lips, and I felt my worries melt away. Oh God, that smile.