48

"I really like you, Harry,"—————————

—————————

"This is golden, H. Literally!" I laughed so hard my stomach hurt as I clapped my hands together and stared at the golden baubles hanging from the ceiling— each bearing a picture of Harry's face and the legend HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!

"Er— Dobby did it!" He was frantically ripping down the decorations with a red face, both from excursion and embarrassment. Hermione still had her fist in her mouth and was pretending not to notice Dobby's fondness for Harry on every decoration in sight. "Help me tear them down!" He looked at me with frantic eyes.

"What's the magic word, Potter?" I quirked my lips into a playful smirk and raised my brow. He blew out a sharp breath through his nostrils and shot me a glare. Always so agitated, this one.

"You do not want to play games with me right now, Evans, believe me." He warned sharply as he stuffed the decorations away hastily.

"Maybe I should have Dobby come decorate my house for the holidays. I do, of course, wish to have a very Harry Christmas." I choked on a laugh as I picked up a picture of his face and held it up in front of my own like a mask.

"Ha ha ha. So funny." Harry ripped the picture from my hands and rolled his eyes dramatically. "I'm being serious, Ruby-"

"You're not being Sirius, or your hair would look much better right now-"

"Rubes." He gave me a warning look as he scolded me.

"Hazza." I furrowed my brows to imitate the look he was giving me as I dropped my voice a few octaves to match his. "Give me one good reason to help you, and I'll do it," I smirked again, taking a step closer.

"Is that a challenge, Evans?" He cocked a brow behind his glasses and ran the tip of his tongue over the inside of his cheek.

"Mmhm." My smirk grew wider as I stepped in front of him, my chest nearly touching his as I looked up at his annoyed expression. "And what are you going to do about it, Potter?" I narrowed my eyes.

Harry looked above us for a moment, drawing my attention to the infamous holiday plant that made my insides feel on fire. He looked towards Hermione who shoved her wand in her pocket and started to whistle nonchalantly like she had nothing to do with it. His eyes rolled once more before he looked back at me— now, feeling a lot less confident and more nervous as I looked at him under the mistletoe.

"If you're going to be an instigator, Hermione, at least give us privacy." He spoke harshly as he looked at me angrily.

"One step ahead." She answered pointedly before the door clicked shut behind her.

"Are we still doing this?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me like I was the spawn of Satan.

"What?" I asked timidly. All the fire inside me was burning out and being replaced with ash and dust.