06

"Sorry

"Sorry. Seat taken?"
—————————

"Some of these people are dressed... really funny." I crinkled my nose while I looked around at the wizards who had made a disastrous attempt at dressing themselves as Muggles to blend in. My dad held my hand while he pulled me through the crowd, and I clung to his hip to avoid bumping into anyone.

"Well, you have to remember, love, not everyone has a muggle mother or a badass wife to keep them in check from time to time." My dad laughed and continued to watch the crowd that we were moving through. His eyes continued to scan the map in his free hand every couple of seconds so he knew where we were heading.

"Do you know if we are camping out near my friends?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Unfortunately for you, I have no idea where they are. Could be right next to us, could be a couple miles away in another field— who knows." He responded, and he came to a stop next to a tent that made me scrunch my nose more than the muggle attire had. My father opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it. Then he opened it once more, and when no words came out, he clamped it shut again.

"Are those..." I pointed a finger, and I couldn't help but blink a few times to clear my vision.

"Peacocks?" My dad finished the sentence, his face of confusion and shock identical to mine. "Yeah. They are. Glad you see them, too." He finally answered, and I gave a single nod.

"Huh."

My dad sat his bag down on the ground, and finally released my hand as he unzipped the top and started digging through his things. A small wooden sign was hammered in the ground next to us and the name Evans was painted across it in bold letters.

"This is our spot. Home sweet... dirty field." He clapped his hands together, and a laugh forced its way past my lips. "I guess I'll go ahead and pitch the tent. Can't exactly use magic here, especially with the number of muggles that could be around." He let out a sigh and started pulling the tent out. "It shouldn't take long. Just, stand there and look pretty I suppose. Your old man can handle it." He cracked his knuckles dramatically and rolled out his neck, and I found myself giggling at his theatrical movements as he assembled the dark purple tent with ease.

"Will this fit the two of us?" I finally question, while my head tilted to the side to imagine us crammed in there together for the night, and one of my brows raised out of suspicion.

"Shhh. I'm concentrating." He waved me off as he hammered another stake into the ground.

"Well, well, well," I heard a lazy voice snicker behind me. Oh, good grief. Merlin, don't do this to me, I beg of you. "I won't lie to you, Evans, I was a little skeptical when my father mentioned having a tent set up for the night, but at the time he didn't mention there would be such a view right out front." Malfoy's comment made my eyes widen, and I was hoping that my dad was too busy focusing on his task at hand that he wasn't listening to the imbecile that stood behind us.