30

"He's dead!"—————————

"He's dead!"
—————————

"Please, promise me you're going to be careful."

"I'm going to be careful."

"Promise you'll come out in one piece?"

"I'll come out in one piece."

"Promise you'll win?" My lips curled up at the corners as Harry's already flushed face finally started to fill with some color. "For me?" I tagged on as I took a step closer to him.

He had to go down to the Quidditch Pitch soon to get ready for the third task, and I wouldn't be able to see him until afterwards when all was said and done. My nerves were completely shot, but I tried to keep them cool as I talked to Harry who was already a wreck deep down.

"I'll win for you." He forced himself to smile. He had my fingers wrapped up in his and he brought them to his lips to kiss my knuckles.

"Are you scared?" I whispered. He nodded a little, but he still looked calm. It was one of the first times Harry had ever admitted that he feared a challenge being thrown at him, but I knew his unbelievable bravery would kick in as soon as he entered that maze.

"I'll be okay, Rubes. I know all the right spells thanks to Hemrione. I just have to get to the Triwizard Cup first," he shrugged in a nonchalant fashion, "piece of cake." He chuckled with the words. I pulled him closer to me by the hem of his new champion robes that they each had to wear, and his glamorous white smile appeared before he pressed our lips together and took all the good luck he could get from me.

I pulled away carefully, but he shook his head with a slight frown and grabbed my hips. "One more." He mumbled seriously. He put more passion into the second one, digging the pads of his fingers into the back of my hips to pull me against him, and firmly connecting our lips like it would be the last time— a bit overdramatic if you ask me.

"Save me one for when I get out of that hell hole." His husky voice muttered when he pulled away for a breath of fresh air. He raked his fingers through the front of his messy hair and stood up straight from the pillar we leaned against. "I love you. I better get going." He glanced out the windows of the corridor. I nodded in agreement and pecked his cheek one last time.

"Love you, most. Have fun." I grinned to keep the moment light. He tugged the strings of my sweatshirt once to tease me before he responded.

"I'll try." He snickered with fearful eyes, and a giggle slipped past my lips from his silly face of panic. "See you later, beautiful." He reflected my emotions and rubbed his thumb over my cheek before he pushed off the wall and left me behind with ruby red cheeks.

~⚡️~

It had been a long time. Almost too long. The Weasley's sat behind us and my parents were in front of me, Ron, and Hermione while the silent crowd all stared at the maze from the stands of the Quidditch Pitch.