38

"Is there something you'd like to add, Miss Evans?"—————————

—————————

"Go again, Rubes. Come on." Harry chuckled as we sat at our typical D.A.D.A. desk. I pouted and held my hands out in front of him again, the backs of them still stinging from the last round we played. "I promise I won't do it as hard this time." He was lying through his teeth as he smirked at me innocently.

"I think you're cheating." I carefully laid my palms face down over his that faced upwards. Our game of slaps was more enjoyable for him than it was for me as he put a crooked grin on his face for the first time all morning. The stinging in my hands was better than the stinging in my chest each time he noticed the looks he received from other students. Keeping him distracted was my best option.

"They made me the youngest Seeker in a century for a reason, love." He stared into my eyes with a warmth swirling in his own, his scent filling the small space between us and making me swoon into the familiarity of the vanilla, flannel, and sweet cinnamon. His charisma didn't last much longer before he beat the hell out of the backs of my hands while I was dazed and distracted by his beauty.

"Ow! Bloody reflexes." I winced, rubbing my hands together to ease the pain. He only found amusement in his victory for a split second before he peppered feather-light kisses over the red and welted skin.

"If you were to have used your Veela charm on me, then the same distracting tactics would have worked in your favor." He breathed over my skin, his lips still curved into his crooked smile as he kissed my hands a few more times.

"I'm not even sure I've ever mastered how to use Veela charm." I responded, pulling my hands from his and reaching for my bag.

"As long as I'm the only one who ever sees it when you do— fine with me." He shrugged. He leaned back in his chair and loosened his tie a bit more, his nose scrunching to move his glasses up the brim, and his wild hair was sticking up around his head. "Or if you're using it as a weapon in our advantage." He winked.

"I have something for you. Forgive me for its tardiness." I rolled my eyes at his pervious statements and pulled a small box from my bag. "With Dumbledore not allowing me to send you anything, it ended up in a pile on my work desk at home. Mum brought it to the station." I placed it down in the palm of his hand. "This is the first moment I've had alone with you all morning, and I know it's not really a special or romantic setting, but-"

"Every second spent with you is special and romantic." He corrected me, his mesmerizing eyes laced with seriousness.

"Happy belated birthday." I finished my rambling. He removed the lid gently and stared at the small content, knowing better than to pick it up now and let it flutter through the air of the classroom.

"You're my favorite chaser ever." Harry chuckled softly, tracing over our names engraved into the golden snitch he now stared at with his index finger. "Thank you, Rubes. For everything. Now you and I can practice down on the pitch." He leaned across the small space and grazed my cheek with a chaste kiss. I responded to him with warm cheeks and a soft smile, watching as the boy entered his own train of thoughts next to me.