10

"Harry fucking Potter-"—————————

—————————

"I think I'm starting to feel better now." I told Hermione after another half an hour of walking through random trees and shrubs. Harry continued to keep his distance far ahead of the rest of us during our walk, and it was Ron who had taken over helping me make my way through the forest by holding on to my hand. "It's wearing off... I think... The dizziness and queasy feeling is. I just feel a little tipsy now, that's all." I promised them. I held my wand out with the two of them and tried using the light to see better.

Winky— the terrified house-elf that has been seated in the Minister's booth earlier in the night—  had popped out of the bushes next to us, and Ron had let out a squeal as he jumped into me from fear. I was already clumsy on my feet from my slight intoxications, and poor Hermione had to attempt to catch both of us while we trampled towards the ground. What a wuss. I let out a groan as I shoved Ron away and regained my footing. Winky let out a labored breath, and Harry stared at her out of concern, but she was in too big of a rush to stop and talk for too long. Fearful little thing.

"There is bad wizards about!" She squeaked out while she tried to keep running, but her little legs were locking underneath her, and she looked like she was in severe pain with each step she took. "People high in the air! Winky is getting out of the way!" She ran into the trees on the opposite side of us, and continued to squeal and pant for air while she looked like she was being restrained.

"What was that about?" Ron curiously watched her run further and further away. I couldn't comprehend the bizarre movements of her legs either, but I was also coming down off of fire whiskey, and everything seemed a bit off.

"She probably doesn't have permission to hide. Same thing used to happen to Dobby." Harry's hollow voice came out much softer than I had heard it since he found me, and I could tell he was still extremely upset by the events of the entire night with the frown he wore on his face.

"House-elves get a very raw deal!" Hermione huffed. "It's slavery, that's what it is! Mr. Crouch made her sit in the top of the stadium and she was terrified, and now she's bewitched to where she can't even run away when they start trampling tents. Why doesn't anyone do something about it?" She scoffed. I just gave a shrug of my shoulders and took a few steps towards Harry so I could be near him again, but he walked away instantly like I had the plague.

"Let's just keep moving." Harry said lowly with his back to all of us, and I let out a long sigh through my nostrils in defeat. Ron's hand found my shoulder and he pushed me forward slightly to get a move on.

"He's never going to forgive me, is he?" I asked the other two in a hushed voice as we walked at a slower pace than he was. I thought if I had just let him cool down, that he would slowly come around and let it all go. Apparently, that wasn't the case. "I know it was stupid of me, but it's not like I did it on purpose. You guys were all having fun for the rest of the night, and I didn't want to be bored and alone. He acts like I wouldn't have snuck off with him instead if I got the chance. I just wanted to have something to do." I grumbled.