11

"Well, she sure does have that mouth of yours, Evans

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Well, she sure does have that mouth of yours, Evans."
——————————

"Excuse me?" My dad's voice came out hoarsely while his wide eyes stared at Harry... as well as the eyes of every other witch and wizard standing around us.

"That's my wand! I dropped it!" Harry said, and he attempted to reach out for it, but Amos snatched it back immediately.

"You dropped it?" Amos's voice was full of disbelief as he stared at the dark haired boy. I felt my stomach start to fill with anxiety once again when I realized how bad this probably looked. It doesn't just look bad, Ruby. It is bad. "Is that a confession then? You threw it aside after you conjured the Mark?" He accused Harry.

"This is a bunch of bollocks-" I finally chimed in with anger in my tone.

"See? The girlfriend defends him. It must be true. We've got you now-"

"I'm not defending anything! I'm standing up for him and letting you know how completely idiotic you sound!" I took a few bold strides forward, but Harry swung his arm up from his side and caught my chest to hold me back from doing anything else that would probably make the situation so much worse.

"Well, she sure does have that mouth of yours, Evans." One of the wizards snickered, and I could feel the burning heat beneath my cheeks, and my dad let out a dry laugh... mainly because his usual humor for the evening had already been shot.

"Amos, think who you're talking to!" Arthur jumped in. "Daniel was right for crying out loud! Is Harry Potter likely to conjure the Dark Mark?"

"Well, um... of course not." Amos mumbled out in response. I felt Harry's arm slip from my chest as he noticed I had calmed down, removing the barrier that blocked me from the bearded wizard that stood just a few feet away.

"I didn't drop it there anyway." Harry jerked his thumb in the direction of the woods where Winky had been found beneath the skull. "I missed it right after we got into the woods," he explained.

"So, you found this wand, eh, elf?" Amos grew a harder look on his face as his narrowed eyes left Harry and traveled back to the small elf. "And you picked it up and thought you'd have some fun with it, did you?" He questioned her in a condescending manner.

"I is not doing magic with it, sir!" She screeched out in her own defense. "I is... I is... I is not knowing how! I picked it up, sir! I is not making the Dark Mark, sir!" She rambled out between labored breaths.

"It wasn't her!" Hermione and I's voices filled the air harshly at the same time. Like twisted sisters, connected at the damn brain. "Winky's got a squeaky little voice, and the voice that we heard do the incantation was much deeper!" Hermione protested nervously as the eyes of the Ministry members locked in on her small figure. "It didn't sound anything like Winky, did it?" She looked between the three of her friends.