28

"All the girls want Harry Potter

"All the girls want Harry Potter."
—————————

I spat out a mouthful of water and coughed out the small bit I had accidentally inhaled when I had woken back up at the surface of the lake. My eyes shot open and my feet kicked frantically to stay above the rippling currents of the freezing water, but it was starting to feel impossible as I continued to fall under the surface. Two hands found my waist and pulled me out again so I could gasp for air.

"Don't ever scare the piss out of me like that again!" Harry shouted at me before I had even become aware of his presence. My eyes were shut tightly and I tried wiping the water from them so I could find him. "You never came back last night! And then— then Dobby woke me this morning and told me that they took you! And-" His frantic voice was hoarse and he was gasping for air with the same burning lungs I had. His jaw was chattering his teeth from the bitter cold. 

I looked around at the green haired merpeople that floated in the water, and at Fleur's sister that was trying to swim to the bank next to us.

"What's she doing here with us? Where's her sister?" I asked him between shivers. My brows knitted together and waited for Harry's answer. I started to trail after her, and felt Harry swimming for the shore next to me.

"She never turned up and I couldn't leave her sister behind to die! I just- if it was you, I'd want someone to get you out of there for me. The song said-"

"Sweetheart, sometimes you are a bit dim." I giggled as I flipped onto my back and backstroked so I could look at him. "Dumbledore wouldn't have let anyone drown down there. He just wanted you to get back before the time limit." I teased him. Harry's face turned into an annoyed one after I called him out, and I realized how harsh I might have sounded. He kept his eyes in the bank, and ignored what I had just said like it had ruined his mood.

"H, I'm just kidding. You're heroic, and brave, and the fact that you would save someone like that shows what an amazing guy you are." I complimented him to make up for my snarky comments, but he looked like he just needed a minute to himself to process everything without me nagging him. We were pulled from the water and thick blankets were wrapped around our bodies to help warm us.

I let out a content sigh as Hermione sprinted over and wrapped her arms around me with relief that I had finally made it out. Madame Pomfrey forced a hot potion down my throat, and steam felt like it was streaming out of my ears as my body temperature rose. Harry's shivering body sat next to me, and he pushed his hair out of his face in a tangled and sopping mess.

"Harry, I'm so happy you figured out how to do it all on your own!" Hermione wrapped her arms around him next as she cheered for him. "I was worried you'd never get it after we couldn't come back and help." She said softly. His eyes fixated on the judge's table for a second before he finally agreed with her.

"Yeah. All on my own. Just took a bit of extra studying, that's all." He turned and gave her a believable grin.

"You saved Gabrielle!" Fleur rushed over to Harry next. I knew it was only a matter of time before he was being ripped away from my world, and being passed around everyone else's. That was one of the only things I hated about his popularity— I still had competition that I had to fight off. "She wasn't yours to save, and still!" She grabbed his face in her hands and kissed his cheeks twice.