09

"Well, don't be mad now that we got caught, love

"Well, don't be mad now that we got caught, love."
—————————

"Is it much further? These people smell so bad, and I think I just saw someone vomit on the ground back there." I gagged once as Draco walked us through the crowd of hot, sweaty, drunk Irishmen that were parading around and causing quite the disturbance. He glanced over his shoulder and rolled his eyes at me, but I found myself stepping closer to him as a few of the men looked me up and down like a bunch of perverts. "Also, theses guys are starting to scare me." I admitted, and his hand grabbed my forearm and pulled me along.

"Would you quit your complaining?" He asked me in a mean tone, and I found myself making faces at the back of his head to mock him and his insufferable attitude. What have I agreed to? "We're here anyway. We're just gonna sit in the tree line." He released me as he walked into the edge of the forest, and leaned himself against one of the tree trunks.

I hesitantly stepped over a few twigs and branches, trying not to scratch myself on the shrubbery to get to the spot he was in. Not like I expected him to offer me any help or anything. Harry would've held my hand as soon as he saw me stumble.

But we aren't with Harry. Quit comparing everyone to Harry. You're right.

Draco opened up the front of his coat before he pulled out a bottle of liquor. He opened the top and took a whiff before he crinkled up his nose in a sour face and handed it over to me.

"Yeah, that'll be sure to make you feel good." He laughed, and I took the bottle from him slowly and took a whiff myself. The inside of my nostrils burned and I pulled the bottle away in a rush while I let out an audible gag. Draco laughed a little harder at me before he pulled out his own bottle and popped the top off. I was slightly taken aback by the sound, and I wasn't sure if it was the rush of the burning liquid that I had just swallowed or the fact that I had never heard Draco laugh at me in a decent way. A polite and friendly way. Not a way that felt condescending. It was almost pleasant.

"Wanna play a game, sweets?" He asked me bluntly while he stared between the trees at all of the other wizards running around wild and celebrating.

"Um, like what?" I asked him cautiously and I made myself comfortable against the trunk of a tree a few feet away.

"Mmm, let's play something like 20 questions," he suggested. "Then we can get to know each other better. However, every time you answer you drink. If the person thinks your answer was a lie, you have to double it." He told me his rules and it didn't sound like anything harmful. I took another sip of the cinnamon flavored drink to work up my courage and I nodded. "Alright, you go first." He nodded towards me as his eyes turned back towards the people partying out in front of us.

"Uh," I thought for a second, "what's your favorite color?" I started simple, and he snickered at me while he took a large gulp from his glass bottle.

"Blue. Your eyes are blue, right? If not, then I guess I pick the alternative." He said out of amusement. What a wanker. "Why did you and Potter break up?" He looked over at me, and I gave him my best look of confusion.