20

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school very clearly on a piece of parchment and drop it into the Goblet

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school very clearly on a piece of parchment and drop it into the Goblet."
—————————

"I am beat. I hate that bloody class so much, and we never get out of there early enough to get a good nights rest before we're back up at the ass crack of dawn. It's ridiculous." Cormac sighed while he laid his head against the wooden table. I reached out towards him and started combing my fingers through his soft hair. His frown turned into a content smile while he hummed and closed his eyes. "This might be heaven now." He chuckled. I blushed feverishly and scooted a little closer to him on the bench at the breakfast table.

"Why do you take the class if you hate it so much?" I asked him with a light laugh.

"Because I don't hate the class. It's just the time the class must be held at that I hate." He corrected me. "I just know that there's going to be plenty of excitement today, and I'm going to be exhausted for majority of it." He complained once more.

"What's today?" I furrowed my brows as I asked.

"Those other schools are coming." He huffed. He scooted even closer to me and practically tucked his face away in the side of my robes to take a quick nap. "I'm so tired." He sighed.

"Wait— it's already the end of October?" I asked impatiently while I started gathering my things in my bag. Cormac gave me a look of confusion before he sat up straight as well.

"Yeah. It would explain the decorations everywhere." He chuckled. I glanced around and realized there were a number of banners and silks hanging from the walls that weren't always displayed to show our school spirit. "Why? What are you up to?" He didn't understand what my sudden rush was. I stood from my seat and gave his head one final rub goodbye.

"I have to go find my nice set of robes for the feast. I haven't seen them since we moved in, and if I don't find them now, I'll never have time later in the afternoon." I rushed out while I smiled down at him. He gave me a low laugh before he tugged me back towards him by my school robes with a wide grin.

"You never are very organized— are you?" He smirked while I barely hovered over him by a few inches. My breathing caught in my throat and I stammered for an answer for a moment before he tugged me a little closer and pecked my cheek. "Get out of here, sweetheart. I'll see you at the feast." He beamed. I was still at a loss for words before I managed to choke out a squeaky goodbye.

Things between the two of us had definitely grown more serious as of late, but it was like my joy was something that had to be a give and take. Any time I would be flourishing in the attentions of Cormac, all I could notice was how Harry was leaning close to another girl, or how Harry had smiled at someone else, or how Harry would catch all of their attention with something as simple as a ruffle of his hair. Harry this... Harry that... I could not escape him if it was all I tried to do.