Year 5: 31

"Keep being mean to me, and I'll call the Ministry and tell them to expel you myself, Potter

"Keep being mean to me, and I'll call the Ministry and tell them to expel you myself, Potter."
(a/n: look how cute he looks🥹)
—————————

"What do you mean he got suspended?!" I screamed across the table at my dad and Sirius. My dad looked annoyed by my growing attitude, but Sirius looked amused as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair. "Is he getting expelled?!"

"That depends on his hearing. Dumbledore is working on it-"

"Well, get him out of there! Why is he still at the Durseley's?!" I slammed my hands on the kitchen table. "He was supposed to come to our house! Go get him!"

"I can't." My dad warned me to shut up with his scowl. We had been going at it over my favorite teenage boy for nearly an hour. "He's safe there. Plus, I can't leave you because your impatient dumbass will run off to get him yourself, and I don't trust you." He argued with me. Sirius got quite the chuckle out of that accusation.

"I mean... it might be fun to see how far she'd get though." Sirius tacked on with a snicker.

"Lupin, Moody, and a few others will be back with him soon. It's fine, Ruby." My dad kept his scolding gaze on me. "We have other things to worry about, and you're distracting us with this nonsense. Our meeting going to start any time now." He said harshly. I let out a huff, and sat back in my wooden chair with crossed arms and a mean look.

"She looks like you when she pouts." Sirius muttered through the corner of his mouth while they both stared at me.

"I do not pout-"

"Oh, you most certainly do, Daniel." Sirius mocked him. "Wait, she might laugh. I think there's a smile forming!" Sirius planted his hands on the table and leaned towards me. I was fighting against my grin to try and hold my frown. "Don't smile, Ruby Jade. It defeats the entire purpose of you screaming at us." Well, when you tell me not to smile, now I want to.

"Shut up." I was losing the battle as my dad and Sirius smirked at me. I stood from my seat and headed for the door to get out of here.

"And you say parenting is tough— that was easy! She's already laughing and she gave up!" Sirius laughed to my dad behind my back. I turned in a swift motion and flipped both of my middle fingers in their direction, making my dad smile more and Sirius' face drop into shock.

"So, you wanna keep her if it's so easy?" My dad elbowed him in the ribs.

"On second thought, I'll just stick with Harry..." Sirius said lowly while I shut the door behind me. I sprinted up the stairs to the bedroom I had been staying in since my dad and I had gotten to Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

I stared at the ceiling of the room that had obviously been abandoned for some time. A few stickers of faded stars lingered on the corner of the ceiling, and dust covered books still sat on the shelves. My mind started to wander into thoughts about the boy I missed more than anything.