41

"Well, Mr

"Well, Mr. Popular, I'm not sure I've ever seen you so hesitant to take center stage and receive bushels of attention."
—————————

"I'll work on it." Harry kissed my lips tenderly as I sat on his lap in the common room, the grey color of his sweatshirt bringing out the marvelous shades of green in his charming eyes.

"And— you need to have more patience when people say things you might not agree with." I listed off another thing as my arms tightened around his neck, dragging him an inch closer. "The more you let yourself yell at everyone, the more your anger will linger-"

"I'll. Work. On. It." Harry whispered between kisses, trying to shut me up long enough that he could actually enjoy how my pink lips felt on his. "I want to work on it. I want to be better— for you, and for me." He whispered into my parted lips before he resumed.

"Please, don't make me vomit." Ron groaned as he took a seat next to us, just finishing up his Prefect duties for the night. It wouldn't be much longer before Hermione joined as well. "I'm glad you two made up, but that doesn't mean I want to see you make-out." He shivered just as Harry and I separated ourselves.

"Oh, don't let your jealousy resurface, sugarplum, I still have plenty of Hazza to go around for you, too." Harry winked at his best friend, his dull eyes finally holding a slight shimmer that they hadn't possessed lately.

"Thanks be to Godric." Ron sighed in an airy voice with a hand over his heart. "I was starting to worry you'd forgotten all about me, sweet cheeks."

"My secret lover? Never, my darling. We still have to run away into the sunset together." Harry played along. I squeezed his cheeks together in one hand and turned his face towards me again with slits for eyes.

"Watch it, Potter. You've already been on thin ice once today. I don't think cheating on me is in your best interests." I joked in a serious tone. He slowly smiled at me and kissed my lips again, despite the gagging noises leaving Ron's mouth.

"Harry," he removed his mouth from mine and looked over the back of the couch to see Hermione pacing towards us. "I swiped this for your hand. It's a soaking solution of strained and pickled murtlap tentacles, it should help." She sat the bowl of yellow fluid on a table next to us, allowing him to submerge his cut hand into it. He had just gotten back from tonight's detention a little more than 40 minutes ago.

"Thanks." Harry sighed with relief, lolling his head back against the couch and closing his eyes gratefully.

"You really should complain about that-"

"No." Harry cut Ron off with a stiff tone, keeping his eyes shut and his hand in the bowl. I repositioned myself slightly so that my head laid on Harry's shoulder, hearing him hum quietly as he nuzzled his cheek against the top of my hair.