𝟏𝟒• 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧💞

Good evening 😌

How are you doing? Sorry I couldn't update on Monday...mhen..I was caught up in a verrrrryyy tight schedule...

Lemme not bore y'all with excuses sha...but no matter how long it takes, updates will always come, don't worry..

Boya I'm going to be writing drafts then I'll jus publish them...I don't know how I'm going to do it sha🤧

Oya less dive in🤝

I always saw you stare

at me, so I thought.... Ꮚ.
Alice.

I am going to confess to Damilola today.

I am-

Oh God!

It sounded hard, yes, for someone like me, confessing how you feel is like climbing Mount everest, in fact climbing Mount everest was even easier.

I stared at him from the corner of my eyes, his hair curled up over his face and his smooth chocolate skin shone in the light. His dark eyes concentrated hard on his note. I sighed softly, some people were perfect when it came to good looks.

I got up from my seat and went to meet Simi, who was busy arguing with Israel and Daniel on some movie they've watched.

"Sims" I called. She stopped talking and saw me, then she grinned.

"Yo bebe! What's up naw?"

"I'm fine oo, I need to see you now, outside?" Her brows furrowed in concern.

"Is something wrong?"

"No no, it's just something that I need to tell you"

"Okay I'm coming" she said and followed me outside. Outside, she stood beside the pillar and leaned on it.

"Oya, tell me"

I took a deep breath and started talking.

"Simi, I...I want to confess to Damilola. I want to tell him how I feel"

Her eyes widened and a grin came over her pretty face.

"Ouuu!!! Really?! Halleluyahhhhhh!!!" She shouted and started dancing like a mad village woman.

"Simi! Not so loud na" I chided while trying to contain my laughter.

"Omor babe, this is good news. Oya let us go na"

"No no! Simi, I need you to help me get us alone. I can't tell him in public, I'll faint"

"Ehen? Okay, but I know he will accept you. You are like the prettiest girl in the whole school" she said and hugged me. I smiled back at her, wanting to tell her the truth, that she was the prettiest girl, not I. But I didn't say anything.

"Guys oo! Please let's go to the field and play some sports for training" She shouted.

"Why?"

"Let's just go jare, see foolish question" she retorted and dragged everyone out of the class except Dami. He was writing whatever he was writing.

As soon as the class was empty, I swallowed my saliva and sat down beside him. He stopped writing and looked at me.

"Aren't you going?" He asked.

"Uh...n-n-no. I'm not a sports person" I stammered. He nodded and went back to his writing.

It's now or never Alice.

You can do this.

"Damilola"

"Hm?"

"I have something to tell you"

He stopped writing and looked at me. I nearly wanted to keep quiet.

Don't back down!

"I-"

"I-"

"I have a crush on you!"

There was silence.

Silence so thick, I could feel it.

He raised his eyebrow, drilling me with that eyes of his.

"Alice"

"Yeah?"

"You have a crush on me?"

"Yes"

He sighed and shook his head, my heart beat kept increasing.

"I'm sorry but, I don't like you"

Wha-

What?

"Really?" I squeaked, hoping I heard wrong.

"Yes. I don't like you that way. I mean we can be friends but love? Nah I don't think so" he said and shrugged, then went back to his writing.

"But I always thought...I always thought you liked me, I mean, you stare at me so I thought you like me" I said softly.

"I wasn't staring at you Alice, I was staring behind you"

The rejection stung like a thousand bee stings.. it stung even worse. I felt my hope die like a candle light ad it took all in me not to cry.

I stood up and went outside and debated whether to tell Simi. She will be expecting my answer. How can I tell her? She will be disappointed in me, and she might rip Damilola's head off. I don't want that.

Instead I paste on a smile and went to the field.

_____

Ouch 😳

Poor Alice, rejected by her crush. That's like the most painful feeling. I hope she'll take it well..

Anyways, read, vote, share and comment my darlings!

See ya!