𝟒𝟕- 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

"Hello?"

"Hey lil bro"

My eyes widened as I heard the familiar voice.

"Amanda?!"

She laughed.

"You sound so surprised lil bro. How are you? I missed you"

"I-I missed you too. Gosh I didn't know you would call....wait I thought you said no phones over there where you work?"

"I know. That's because I'm not there"

"Where are you then?"

"Nigeria. In Lagos. Home"

Those four words made me so happy, I grinned hard until my face hurt.

"Oh my God!!! I can't believe you came! I'm coming home right away" Then I saw Simi and coughed "With someone"

"My sister in law?!"

Jesus, girls....

"That's too far nau. Let's just say I'm coming with the girl I really like" I said honestly, Simi blinked at me and blushed all over again.

This girl and blushing..

"You like a girl?? Why am I just hearing this? Oya dey come home. Are you done with your paper?"

"We didn't have any paper today. We just came to school." I replied.

"Bring our iyawo home oya!! I'm waiting oo!"

"Okay ma" I laughed. "I'm coming right away" I cut the call and turned to Simi.

"My sister is home" I grinned.

"Empress?"

"Yeahhhh...I'm so excited you know. She wants to meet you as you are, in her own words, "our iyawo" I finished. Simi giggled and stood up.

"I would love to meet her."

I held her hand and called the driver. Since I had informed him I would be going home easier than usual these days, he wasn't caught off guard. I sat at the back because I wanted to sit closer to Simi. There was this aura around her that always drew me to her.

My phone beeped with a notification and I immediately checked it.

09075646577

When are you gonna ask her out??
1:08pm

I frowned at the unknown number.

Who is this?
  1:09pm

09075646577

Does it matter??
Anyways it's Jidenna. Save my number it's for your own good.
1:11pm

I nearly dropped the phone. Jidenna chatted me up? The last time I spoke to him was when he asked me to stay away from Simi. I had been seeing him but I never spoke to him. Why was he chatting me up now?

I wanted to tell Simi but she was dozing off already. She looked tired and I didn't want to be the monster that'll disturb her from taking a short nap.

I thought you hated me.
1:15pm

Jidenna
Well I disliked you for what you did. But seeing her happy has made me forgive you.
1:17pm.