22: Katie

KATIE'S POVMarch 15th

KATIE'S POV
March 15th

Bella and I have spent the last few days almost exclusively at La Push.

It's easy, while on spring break, but if the wolves can't get the Victoria situation handled by the time we have to go back to school, Jacob will have me under lock and key. Literally. He's been so worried about Bella and I. And I've been worried about him.

Jacob and I strolled down the beach together, hands interlocked. No matter how many times Jacob insisted he didn't care, that he was used to not having privacy... it still felt like I was invading somehow, every time I held his hand. "-we chased her halfway to Canada two nights ago, and she still hasn't returned yet."

"That's good," I said, rubbing the back of his hand. "Maybe you can actually get some sleep tonight."

Jacob shook his head. "I tried already. It's too hard to sleep, knowing she could be heading to your house and I'd have no idea."

"Then... I'll lie and tell Charlie that Bella and I are having a sleepover at Jessica's house and come here instead. As long as Billy doesn't rat us out," I suggested. "But I'm serious. Sleep would be good for you."

He smiled at me mischievously. "You're one to talk, hun."

My mouth fell wide open. "I'm allowed to be concerned for you. It's my duty as your girlfriend, y'know."

That made him giddy. "God, I love it when you say that."

"What?" I asked, laughing.

"That you're my girlfriend."

"Because I am?" I teased, pulling him closer to me.

"Because I still can't believe it. Katie Swan is actually my girlfriend. You know, for a while I had convinced myself that you would never talk to me again."

"Yeah, me too. But I wasn't the one ignoring my calls." Which I was still a bit pissed about, actually.

Jacob took my face in his hands, gently, and leaned down to look me in the eyes. "I'm sorry," he murmured.

I embraced his warmth. "I'll forgive you."

"Oh yeah?" He asked, leaning closer. "I was hoping you'd say that." And then he leaned down and kissed me, slow and sweet.

I hated comparing him and Johnathan. But Johnathan didn't compare, not even close, to how Jacob makes me feel. How his lips feel on mine, how my heart races and my pulse soars when he touches me. When his arms snake around my waist and I melt into him. How he makes me laugh and smile.

How much I love him.

I pulled back for air, and Jacob moved his lips to my neck. "Don't forget, you promised that you'd have dinner with Bella and Charlie and I tonight."