Chapter 2

Marinette woke up feeling lighter than usual. It was Friday, meaning that today was the last day that she would be a student at François Dupont.

She had a quick shower and picked out a simple outfit for today.

She wore a pair of grey jeans that were slightly ripped at the knees and a pale blue jumper with her logo hidden by her loose hair at the back of her collar.

She was rather happy that she let her hair grow over the past few years. It was up to her mid back now and she preferred it compared to her shorter hair and she long stopped styling her hair in pigtails.

She placed a gold clip in her hair that held her bangs back from her face and once she'd finished admiring herself in the mirror, she went downstairs, ate breakfast and made her way to school.

Once again, she was early, before anyone else. She wasn't sure if Chloe would be in today or not but either way, no matter what happens today, it was her last day.

She took out her sketch pad and began to draw some random doodles while she waited for class to begin.

About 10 minutes later, Chloe walked in. she was wearing a pastel yellow cropped hoodie and blue jeans. Her hair was in twin braids and she walked up the steps looking rather proud of herself.

"Soooo?" the blonde began.

"Soooo?" Marinette mimicked.

"Oh come on Mari-Bug. Don't tell me you didn't see the email from Collège Sévigné" Chloe said as she sat down.

"I did," Marinette chuckled, "I can't believe that was your plan this whole time. You managed to get in contact with people and make an application form for me. Did you give them my sizes as well?"

"I sure did," Chloe replied, "and you are so welcome. I just gave you a ticket to get out of this hell hole."

"I really am grateful for what you've done Chlo. The only downside of this whole thing is how I'm going to be leaving you with these lot," Marinette said sadly, "I don't want to have to do that to you."

"Aww, I am so glad you care for me Mari-Bug. But I already sorted that part out. I'm staying in this class to keep tabs and get more evidence of what these idiots have done to you. Once I have enough, my lawyers are going to help you out further!"

"Y-You really don't have to do all that Chloe. Seriously."

"No I don't have to but I will because I can and because I want to. You are my best friend Mari. And with the pain and suffering that you have gone through over the years, including the things I did to you before we became friends, it's the least I could do, to be honest."

"ugh, damnit you're gonna make me cry!"

"Well don't. I have mascara on and it isn't waterproof. If you cry, I'll cry."

The two girls laughed and began to talk about other topics until the bell for first period rang.

The class all came in, with Lila in front of them telling yet another story.

"After I gave him the designs for Uncle Jagged's new outfit, he made me this jacket to say thank you."

Marinette looked utterly offended at that when she looked at the jacket that Lila was wearing. It was way too flashy and the colours did not go well at all. It was like a unicorn threw up on it. Orange, purple, green, yellow and gold were plastered in random patterns, the cuffs of the jacket were white and the collar was made with black fur. That is not something that she would make! Where did Lila even find that?

She also isn't a boy.

"I still cannot get over the fact that you and MDC are so close. What does he look like? I bet he's cute. Have you ever dated him?" Rose asked excitedly.