Chapter 22

It took the pair about 10 minutes to walk to Starbucks and currently, Marinette was looking at the long list of options.

Felix already knew what he wanted, "may I have the triple espresso macchiato please," he said to the cashier.

The cashier quirked a brow, "Long day?"

Felix just simply answered, "No,"

"Right, can I have your name?"

Marinette's gaze flicked over to Felix. It was the first time he had ever been into a coffee shop and actually ordered something. "I never knew that there were this many names for coffee." She tilted her head as she studied the names. "What's a Mak-k-i-hato?"

She butchered the word, making Felix chuckle, "It's ma-kee-aa-tow. Macchiato."

"Right. I have heard of that one actually,"

"If are really that stuck on what you want, you can just order an Americano. Or you can get hot chocolate," Felix suggested, "There are people waiting behind us. I can help you choose."

"I like chocolate, but I want coffee." Marinette scrunched her nose as she turned to Felix.

Felix gave her a small smile, knowing just what to do. "She'll have a Grande Mocha."

Marinette's eyes widened, "A what?" Her voice seemed concerned.

"It's coffee with chocolate. You will like it," he reassured her.

"Your name?" The cashier asked

"Marinette," she smiled

The woman nodded, scribbling her name onto the cup. "Whipped cream?" she asked.

Marinette's eyes sparkled at the words. "Um, yes! Please." Marinette almost jumped out of her shoes.

The cashier chuckled at the reaction as she placed the order, "We'll have your order ready soon. You may take a seat if you like or wait aside until we're done,"

"Thanks!" Marinette said before they went to find a table.

When Marinette let her bag hang on her chair, she let out a small hasp, "Wait, I forgot to pay!" Marinette was about to get up but Felix stopped her.

"No need to worry Marinette, I handled it already,"

"What? Felix this is meant to be my treat. I was meant to pay for us," marinette said as she folded her arms.

"Yes that is true but I paid anyway," Felix replied.

Marinette pouted, sticking out her bottom lip slightly and Felix had to bite the inside of his cheek.

"You know what?" Marinette said as she stood up and took her phone from her bag, "Wait here, I'll be right back,"

"Wha-" Felix watched as she got up and went back to the counter.

The person in front of her had just finished ordering and marinette was now talking to the cashier. She spoke to the woman for about two minutes before using her phone to pay for whatever she ordered and happily came back to the table.

"What did you order?"

"Something for the two of us to share. The raspberry and almond mini loaf. I only got one since I don't know what it tastes like and I doubt you've had it either." Marinette replied excitedly.

Felix scrunched his face a little, "and you'd be correct about that,"

"Oh come on Felix. You'll like it,"

"I highly doubt that,"

"I asked the lady if they could skip the almond flakes because I know how much you don't like them,"