Chapter 35

Manik: Then who is the other Daniel that she is speaking about?... Manik spoke in deep thought. 

Daniel: brother... 

Manik: Yes? 

Daniel: Whatever it is, I want to solve it myself. Please, leave this to me once again. He spoke and left the room. 

Manik: Heh ... 

Nandini: I can almost hear what you are thinking... She said with a chuckle.

Manik:  He said the same for the first time and I didn't get involved as he asked but he came back in a state of almost dying. And he wants me to do the same this time too? No way. 

Nandini: Can I help? 

Manik: What can YOU do? 

That was sarcastic. 

Nandini: The same thing that you can do. 

Manik: You? 

Nandini: Are you underestimating me? 

Manik: No, you can show me what you can do then. As for me, I can scare my opponents. I would like to see you very much if you can scare me. 

Nandini: Scare you? 

Manik: Why not? I thought you can do what I can do. He said and pushed her on to the bed. 

Nandini: What are you doing Manik... She spoke trying to push him. 

Manik: Shut up, I am just trying to scare you. He said and held her chin with his right hand and started pulling her closer. 

Nandini: Sto--

She closed her eyes anticipating with a curiosity to know how his lips taste. She never felt like this. She thought she was in love with daniel but why did she feel nothing knowing about Darla? And why is she not resisting much when Manik is touching her? She doesn't know anything but she is drowning in whatever feeling she is facing. A no-name feeling. 

She can feel his breath on her lips. She stopped resisting and let herself go. Manik's face formed into a smirk while moving his hand slowly down her waist. He closed his eyes along with her and just when he was about to touch her soft lips with his-- 

Daniel: Brother! Daniel opened the door suddenly. 

Nandini pushed Manik away. He stumbled and stood straight. He glared at daniel. 

Daniel: Sorry... 

Manik: WHAT DO YOU WANT? 

Nandini's face turned completely red with all the embarrassment and Manik is super angry. Nandini closed her face cupping her hands and turned to the other side. 

Daniel: I found Darla's address. 

Manik: Well, good for you. He said with a smile but his eyes are not. He is clearly angry. 

Daniel: I think... you are busy so ...I will come back later. He said and shut the door quickly. 

*Sigh* 

Manik: Now shall we continue? 

There is an awkward silence between them before she spoke... 

Nandini: I will go talk to daniel about Darla. She stood up and tried to run but she caught her hand and pushed her against his door. 

Manik: I am not the type to postpone things. He said and caught her chin and pulled her closer. 

Nandini: We should help daniel... She mumbled panting hard while still keeping her eyes shut. 

Manik: Shut up... He whispered slowly moving his hand on her waist and pulling her closer to his body and slowly planting a kiss on her small lips. She clenched his shirt. 

He licked her lips softly making her unable to breathe as she held her breath. 

Manik: Breath...he whispered 

She exhaled and he quickly slid his tongue inside her mouth. She got surprised and pushed him away. 

Her face was completely red. She ran away from her room. 

This is the first time Manik saw an expression like that on her face. That was fascinating for him. 

Manik: Dang it. She is driving me crazy... He spoke and looked down at his pants. 

*sigh* 

------- 

After around 30 minutes, he calmed down and walked out of his room. In the hall, Daniel and Nandini are sitting together speaking. 

She is smiling brightly. 

Manik: How come she always smiles like that when she is with him? He mumbled. 

He walked closer to them and sat down in his seat. 

Nandini avoided his eyes. 

Manik: Tell me what you have found. 

Nandini: Between I wanted to ask what happened to Darla's father after that incident. 

Manik: What do you think? He sold our company's secrets and top of that tried to hurt my brother. What do you think happened to him? 

Manik ordered that Darla's father should be killed in such a way that no other company partner should think of betraying him in the future. he gave terror to them. 

He showed hell without actually showing it to them. He created fear. Darla's father was shot in every joint of his body and cut in every showing vein on his body and finally hanged in his company in front of all the company partners. 

The people who saw that swore to never even think or dream of betraying the dragon clan. 

Daniel: I don't know how she did this without our knowledge but after that accident, Darla's mother made it seem like she is dead and sent her to the states for her treatment. She made sure no traces are left behind. 

Manik: Playing with fire huh...I like her guts. 

Daniel: Anyways... After Darla woke up she lost her memories from that accident and her mother used them to her benefit and created a story claiming she have a fiance. And when Darla started whispering my name again and again. She changed the name of the person she wanted Darla to marry with my name and introduced him to Darla as my duplicate. My Darla, who thinks he is me... is loyal and is in love with him. 

Nandini: How can you be so calm? 

Daniel is smiling nonstop while staying completely calm. He was not anxious or angry. 

Daniel: I faced hell when she died. Now that she is alive, I have many ways I can bring her back. As long she is there... that's enough for me. Her mind still remembers me...so I should make her heart and body remember me too... don't you think so?