Chapter 36

Daniel left in a hurry early in the morning unable to hold his excitement of looking at Darla after six whole years. He was both excited and nervous.

According to the information he got received Darla has no memories of the past but daniel was so sure that he can make her remember him.

--------

*Sigh*

Nandini: Are you worried? she asked walking toward Manik.

Manik: He better not die on me this time he spoke taking a sip of his whisky and sitting on his chair in the hall.

Nandini: Do you think Darla will remember daniel?

Manik: How would I know?

Nandini: chuckled.

Manik: but isn't that what is exciting? Making her remember the love they hold? He asked with a small smile looking at Nandini. Her heart skipped a beat.

She knew she was kind of getting attracted to him but she is confused about why everything he does is making her heart skip a beat. Manik observed that small blush on her cheeks while her lips twitched.

Manik: Nandini...He called her name in a slow gruff voice which made her flinch. He tried holding her hand but she stood up before he touched her. 

Nandini: I'll go back to my room. She said nervously not making eye contact with him. 

She turned back to leave but he held her hand. 

Nandini: Why are you suddenly acting affectionate with me? 

That is not what she meant to say but her mind blurted it out before she can sort out that sentence because she was nervous. 

Manik: I don't know... he mumbled.

Maybe because It's been too long since I got laid... he mumbled again. 

Nandini snapped with that sentence. 

Nandini: I am not your fuck buddy! She yelled. 

She turned back to leave and he didn't stop her. She left angrily. 

---------

Nandini pov, 

Many things changed after Manik got into that accident. First, I was purely worried about him as a doctor but some part of me was happy because some people will live while he was lying unconscious. I never had one good thing to feel or say about him. 

But as time passed I started missing his voice. The way he used to speak with me. Although, he never spoke like a gentlemanly type. He never disrespected me with words. He always touched me but never forced himself on me or tried more because he never thought of trying more and that's the respect and boundaries he gave to me. He can rape me anytime he wants and I knew that I cannot fight him too if that happens but he was different. He is forceful but thoughtful. He orders but he cares. He is dangerous but he protects me always. 

As some more time passed and his eyes are still closed. I started becoming anxious. Why isn't he waking up? Will he not wake up ever? Will he not speak or what like before? Many questions are adding to my worries. That's when the TITAN clan reached out to me. Parent huh? 

I can't say I never thought about my family because I was lonely for a long period of time in my life but not now because I have my sister. Who is my ONLY family? Whatever the reason maybe... I can only see that they abandoned me. They were not there when I struggled when I cried when I faced hell in my life. They don't have a right to ask me back and I am not that good of a person to forgive them but they actually didn't write a choice in front of me, It was an order. 

Declaring a battle for me. I don't want that to happen. When Manik is not in a position to protect his clan. And I got a strange urge to protect him and his clan. 

"I'll go" 

It's not like I am going forever. I knew that Manik will bring me back to this place if he woke up. 

And there was not a single day where I didn't pray for him to wake up.

And just like I imagined he came for me. A soft smile and a warm hand reached me. I didn't waste a second before holding it. I learned many things about myself. I am not completely human and not once but I was abandoned twice. 

I was lying on a thorn field. Every small moment is stabbing me but Manik pulled me out. 

My heart skipped when he said so casually that we are on a date. What is running through his mind? 

What is actually running through MY mind? 

I thought I fell in love with daniel but it turns out it was just an infatuation but what is my feeling towards Manik?

Why am I getting attracted to him like it was the most natural thing in this world?

Why is he touching me? Why am I not refusing? What are his feelings towards me? Why am I anxious? What are we both doing? I have many questions in my mind and a single touch of his lips on mine answered them. 

Ah... I like him! I was strangely flustered in front of him. I don't know how to face him. Am I making a wired face? This never happened to me so what do I have to do?

"Nandini" when he called my name...his cold voice strangely felt comforting as if my name was there for him to call.

I am liking his touch. But why are you touching me? Do you like me?

"Why are you suddenly acting affectionate with me?"

That was not what I meant to ask ...but...!

"Maybe it's been too long since I've got laid" so that's it. All my thoughts are just my imagination. He didn't change. He was the same as before. 

"I am not your fuck buddy" 

At least I got clarity but why is it hurting so much? Alright, let me forget this just as some petty feelings. I can never be his fuck buddy. I have a family to return to when the time comes and I have to leave someday or other. 

Because there is a devil waiting for me.