Chapter 38

She was like a beautiful illusional painting that doesn't belong to anyone. That's why I wanted it. She trapped me inside her Web, and I am stuck deeply. The coincidental situations I created disappeared soon as a relationship formed between us. At least that's what I thought. I was naive. Too naive to give my first time here to her. She was a prostitute, but that changed nothing in me because her past doesn't matter to a killer like me. I wanted her desperately no matter what she was. I wanted her at the tip of my hands.

But she was never ready to be my woman nor ready to let me go. She was selfish, but I didn't hate it because I thought I belong to her side. No, she belongs to my side is what I thought.

Our relationship continued as sex partners. She is teaching me many new things, and I am liking every single one of them. No matter what name she gives to our relationship. She started opening up a lot after we got together.

Her father sold her as a little girl to a prostitution house for money but on that very night, he also stole the money in that prostitution area whole and ran away. So Zia, as his daughter had to take the responsibility for his action. She was sold. She had to sell her body and pay all the money her father took and paid it back. Furthermore, she also brought herself back with her own money. Not only that, but she worked there for 15 years facing hell killing her mind and body every time she sleeps with someone.

The shackles she broke herself gave her air to breathe. She loves her freedom. She doesn't like getting tied down in one place. Likewise, she works and travels. Furthermore, she is a free soul. A free bird. Every minute I spent with her made me fall for her even more. She has something that I don't!

That is her freedom. No shackles on her legs tying her down to responsibility. I liked her freedom. The smile of hers in her freedom. I made a decision to propose to her because I wanted to keep her by my side. I liked that feeling.

I naively believed the smile she gave me when she is with me is because she likes me. Furthermore, I thought she loved me too.

Every childish thought of mine was destroyed as she brought me back to reality.

-----------

"No one will like a boy like you who doesn't even know when he will die and who he has to kill ..."

---------

My job doesn't define me. Or maybe It does so what? I can protect her from anything, but she is not the type to rethink her decisions. I was broken. No, she broke me. I started drugs. I became ruthless. People didn't matter anymore because I can kill them anytime.

Sex, drugs, and alcohol became an everyday habit but nothing excited me. I couldn't sleep and drugs didn't work too. I was going insane whenever I remembered Zia walking down with somebody else somewhere who is not me I didn't want to think about her. I hate her. I thought I left everything back it comes back every time as a nightmare.

Did I run away from this place... peace? That was never an option. I was attacked. These bastards hit my arm and lower abdomen. I couldn't move. I am bleeding a lot. I suddenly heard footsteps. No, it's only one person. I can smell a female. Her body scent reached my nose before she reached it because it has a mixed smell of lily and medicine.

She saw me.

"Silence ....if you move or shout... I will kill you"
Should I kill her? Does she belong to one of them?

"You are wounded ...you need medical care...
Come with me"

"None of your business ...leave"
"I AM A DOCTOR ...and now... I need to treat you...
Stay silent and follow me"

What the hell is she doing? Can't she see I am dangerous? Doctor! So what? Does she have a death wish?

Even though I am angry enough to kill her... I still followed her silently. Is it because of drugs? Is it because I am drunk?

Her room is small. Do people even call this a room? It is the size of my bathroom. No, it is still smaller than that.

"Stop ...what is that ?"

"Anesthesia ...you have to take this because you need stitches
It looks like a deep cut"
"No ...need do it like this only "...
I was cursing a lot in my mind but was still letting her do everything. I am sure it was definitely caused by drugs because there was no other reason to explain it! She treated my wound. She is afraid, but she couldn't leave me alone because her doctor's pride was on the line.

Heh,

"Completed ...but you have to stay still and get some rest...
I'll bring you some food ...please lie down..."

She is weird, but her presence is calming. I need to move from here, but I am sure I will see her again because I am Manik. I can make everything happen.

-----------

Rest while you still can!

----------

I returned to my mansion. I asked my men to investigate her. Her profile was boring but she is strong. She succeeded a lot in being alone just like me.

She helped me, so I had to repay her first and then tie her into my home. At least that was the plan at first. But she is annoying. She pissed me off every chance she got. I could kill her in an instant, so why am I hesitating? She is clearly afraid, so why am I hesitating? She is clearly afraid, so why am I not letting her go?

When I saw her in a box in the auction my heart stopped for a second. What is she doing there? How did she get there? I told her to stay in the room, so what is she doing outside?