Chapter 60

Nandini pov, 

I thought I was an unlucky girl. Everything seemed to go wrong in my life, and I convinced myself it was all due to my bad luck. The days in the orphanage were a constant struggle, filled with a deep sense of longing. I yearned for the warmth of love, the simple gesture of someone giving me their time, and the reassurance of being someone's priority. Those feelings of emptiness and longing weighed heavily on my heart.

I craved connection, yearning for that one person who would love me unconditionally, someone I could trust with my deepest fears and insecurities, someone who would prioritize me as much as I prioritized them. The absence of such a person left a gaping hole in my life, a void I desperately wanted to fill.

Becoming a doctor wasn't solely driven by a desire to help others. It was also a selfish pursuit, driven by the hope that by being someone who could provide assistance and care, I would find myself surrounded by people. Deep down, I knew it was a way to fill the void within me, to ease the loneliness that had plagued me for so long.

But everything changed when Manik came into my life. At first, it was terrifying. I was angry because he tore me away from everything I had painstakingly built for myself—the hospital where I worked, my home, and most importantly, my sister. He whisked me away from everyone and everything familiar, thrusting me into an unfamiliar world filled with danger and uncertainty. It was a place where people didn't hesitate to kill each other at the slightest provocation.

Even though I didn't want it, many unfortunate things happened, and the sole reason was Manik. He was intimidating, stubborn, possessive, a womanizer, a ruthless monster. When I first laid eyes on him, those were my initial feelings. But soon, I realized that no matter what I was thinking or doing, he consumed my thoughts entirely.

Even though I claimed to hate him, Manik was the only person who occupied my thoughts constantly. I thought I had feelings for Daniel, but I couldn't tear my gaze away from Manik. Discovering that Daniel had a woman didn't affect me much, but seeing Manik close with another woman pained me deeply. The mere thought of him being intimate with someone else caused me immense hurt.

Unexpectedly, he always appeared in the places where I least expected him, ready to rescue me. Despite feeling scared, he became my safest refuge. I realized I could rely on him, and soon came to understand that my feelings for him were simply love.

Love is painful. It always is. But even though it hurts, you can't help but continue to fall for that person. That's just the way it is. I had resigned myself to the belief that I would always be alone, even in the midst of many people, but that changed with Manik's presence in my life.

Manik changed it. 

A lot happened. So much was lost along the way, but now, the only people left standing are just him and me.

And finally, today is our wedding day.

Everyone has their own wedding preferences, and so do we.

It was our wedding day, and now we find ourselves in India, in a small temple where nobody knows either him or me. It's a modest Ram Mandir. On this special day, I make a solemn vow to him, promising to be like Sita to him.

"I promise to love you forever and hold you in my heart, just as Ram holds Sita in his," He declared, my words carrying the weight of my commitment to our union.

We exchanged garlands with each other, symbolizing our union, and he gently applied kumkum to my forehead, marking the beginning of our journey together.

Indeed, our journey started long ago. I fell in love with him what feels like an eternity ago. Our fates became intertwined long before this day arrived.

He is my soulmate, the one I've been searching for all along.

"Finally, you guys became one," a sudden voice emerged out of nowhere.

"Moga?"

"You will now become immortal, Nandini," he spoke as he placed his hand on my head. A bright light flashed in my mind.

"Ahh," my legs felt weak.

"Didn't you say we need to have sex?" Manik asked as he held me tight, ensuring I didn't fall to the ground.

"Sex is not the only thing that makes two souls into one. That's just a physical touch that happens anyway, even if you have love or not. When two people have to become one, their souls should be the ones that have to become one. Your love now is pure. That made your souls as one. You became soulmates. Soulmates are not the ones that will be born for you. Soulmates are the ones you create for yourself," Moga explained, his words resonating deeply within us.

"SO Nandini is immortal now?" Manik asked. 

"Today is your wedding day, so let me be the one who give you a gift"  Moga spoke and placed his hand on Manik's head. 

"The immortality energy I take from Nandini. I will share it with you. It is enough to last for the next 100 years. I will see you then" He spoke and disappeared into thin air. 

"So, I am immortal too?" Manik said as he chuckled. 

His smile is beautiful. I have seen him laugh many times but 

I  always heard that a good woman changes a man to be a better person but today I realized it's not about the woman, it's about the man who changes to be a better person for the woman he loves. 

Manik changed, not because of me. He changed for me. 

That's love. 

-------------------------------------------------------THE END-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story.