Chapter 50

Nize: "Master, she has a half-sun birthmark."

Mage: "Half? She had a full sun birthmark when she was born. What happened now for it to go to half?"

Nize didn't have an answer, so she remained silent.

Mage: "What went wrong?"

The mage yelled loudly, causing all the glass items in the room to break.

Nize: Master relax. 

Mage: I need to go 

Nize: Where master?

Mage: Take care of Nandini. I will come soon. He said closing himself with his cape and disappearing from the room. 

------------

The mage emerged from the forest's depths, the thick canopy overhead filtering sunlight into dappled patterns that danced on the moss-covered ground. Ancient trees loomed tall, their gnarled roots peeking through the earth like ancient guardians. Shafts of light pierced through the foliage, casting an ethereal glow on the forest floor as the mage ventured deeper.

His steps, muffled by a carpet of fallen leaves, carried him further until he arrived at a small clearing, bathed in a golden hue. Here, nestled within the verdant embrace of the woods, lay a thorn field. The tall grasses swayed gently, adorned with sharp, glistening thorns that caught the light, creating a shimmering yet forbidding landscape.

The air carried the earthy scent of the forest, intermingled with the faint perfume of wildflowers. Birds sang melodiously in the distance, their calls weaving through the serene stillness of the woods. The mage paused, contemplating the mysterious thorn field ahead, its beauty juxtaposed with an air of danger, an enigma waiting to be unraveled.

He walked to the middle of the thorn field, and no sharp thorn pierced his skin. He whispered a spell making the thorn pull his into the ground. A bright light filled as he disappeared into the ground. 

Beneath the world, hidden from the sun's gaze, lies Arcanum Hollow—a clandestine town nestled within the earth's embrace. Carved into subterranean caverns, this enchanting haven thrives amidst glowing fungi and shimmering crystal structures. Witches and practitioners of ancient magic call this place home, weaving spells, brewing potions, and crafting arcane wonders amidst the whispers of the underground realm. Arcanum Hollow is a shimmering refuge where the mystic energies of the earth intertwine with daily life, offering sanctuary to those attuned to the secrets of the subterranean world.

In Arcanum Hollow, witches are the town's magical guardians. They wear special robes and carry staffs filled with ancient powers. Some are learning magic, while others are masters who've practiced for ages.

These witches do all sorts of amazing things. They predict the future, mix potions that heal and craft powerful spells. They gather in a special council where the wisest among them guide the town.

Each witch is special, with their own unique abilities. Some can see things that haven't happened yet, while others make special medicines from plants grown in secret gardens.

Even though they're really powerful, the witches are kind and take care of the town, using their magic to protect it from harm. They keep the secrets of their underground home safe while using their ancient knowledge to help others.

"It's been a while, mage"The chief of the Arcanum Hollow, the head witch spoke. 

"I need your help" Mage spoke 

"I see, you are struggling with the failure of your life-enhancing portion"

"What went wrong?" The mage asked quite seriously. 

"The Fate" 

"Fate of?" 

"The child you are raising presently." 

"Explain in detail Aurelia" 

Aurelia Nightshade, the head witch of Arcanum Hollow, is a figure of quiet strength and boundless wisdom. With silver-streaked hair and eyes that hold the secrets of centuries, she commands respect with her mastery of ancient magic. Known for nurturing the town's enchanted gardens and guiding the council with her balanced wisdom, Aurelia stands as a revered guardian of Arcanum Hollow's mystical legacy.

She moved her hand and a crystal ball of fate appeared in front of her. 

"Show me" She ordered and the crystal ball reacted and showed a visual of a small boy with a dragon tattoo on his back. 

"I know this kid. He has the highest life force after Nandini. I found him while exploring" 

"And that's how the fate linked" Aurelia spoke. 

"The future of these kids has a link. so, the sun birthmark that is on her body got shared with this kid as soon as he appeared in your life. Now only the bond of them makes it one"

"Bond?" 

"Love bond my child mage" 

"Heh, love?" He spoke with arrogance. 

"These both children's souls are interlinked. They should become one for the birthmark to transfer to Nandini again for her to start her eternal life force until then Nandini is an ordinary regular child. She lives and grows in the human life span" 

"So you mean I have to wait until a 'love' blossoms in between them and they have sex with each other?" 

"Love is the heartbeat that dances between life and death, an ethereal thread weaving moments of joy and sorrow, binding souls in a timeless embrace. Let time decide their fate. Any involvement of your soul taints it and you might lose the chance of your eternal life source. Patience is key"

The mage journeyed back from the mystical witch town, carrying the echoes of arcane whispers in his heart as he crossed realms, each step homeward a blend of enchantment and anticipation.

Mage: Nize

Nize: Master! you are back. 

Mage: Bring Nandini to me. 

Nize: Did something happen master?

Mage: Do you want me to say things twice now?

Nize: Sorry master...

Nize quickly appeared in Nandini's room and brought her to the mage as soon as possible. 

The mage saw Nandini getting down the stairs. 

Mage: I am letting you go.

Nize: Master?

Mage: Shut up Nize

Nandini: Father?

Mage: I am not your father and I am not sending you back home. I want you to stay in my eyes reach but I am not gonna be involved in your fate until you fall in love with him but the moment you do. I am coming for your life force

Nandini: What are you talking about father? Nandini cried. 

The mage placed his hand on her head and Nandini fell unconscious. 

Nize: What?

Mage: I temporarily erased her memories. 

The mage left her in front of the orphanage far from the place and placed a spell on her to follow her every moment. 

(Flashback end)