Hid from reality

Please hear me out" as I swim in my mommy's belly

I can hear my mom and dad talking.. Everyone was excited to meet me and I was excited to meet them..
"One more push" as the doctor said while mom was crying pushing as hard as she could to bring me in this world. "Congratulations it's a healthy little girl" as the doctor said while handling me to my mother. " I'm gonna name you Isla" as she kissed me in my head and patted my back gently to stop me from crying.

Days, months years go by. I was happy for what I have. I was the one my family admire. I was the first born, first niece, first grandchild. My mom and dad loved me, supported me and take good care at me. I was a happy kid. Until that day came, my mom need to work and my dad already flew in another country to work. I was left with my grandma, I was happy with her, she loved me to bits, give me all I want even though it meant she is left with nothing. As I grew older and understand what the world is talking, there I found out that it's not a fantasy world where my grandma hid me from reality. I was hilarious at that moment thinking I can handle the pain, suffering, sacrifices but I was wrong... Lola treat me as her own daughter, when it comes to her am spoiled as hell. I was her favorite but that time I didn't know her words and teaching would be useful someday, soon I became distant to my parents and I became closer to lola because she was the only one with me as I got older. I treat her as my real mother. I was greateful for her because I wouldn't be the person I am now if it wasn't for her. If someone bullied me she'd approached that person and teach her/him a lesson. She was my hero, my sheild, my shelter, my protector, my mother, my bestfriend the only thing I had.

As the time lola got sick, I was the one helping her to get better. "Lola are you still cold?" I ask worriedly "Don't come closer you might get sick" lola replied. Yes I was born healthy but as I grew up with poor heart, immune system and I have asthma. "Lola I just want to help" I volunteered "Okay but don't get to close to me" she answered. I was glad it was summer because I got no classes and I can help my lola everytime she needed help and that moment I wanted my dream job. To become a nurse to lessen the pain of people suffering and illness, and to basically treat people. I'm satisfied to see smile on there faces. After a week lola's cold went down and we went to church to pray and after praying she treats me ice cream and we went home. That was our every sunday cycle. When it's sunday we pray and after praying we eat ice cream. "LOLA LETS GOOO THE MASS IS STARTING" I said happily as I grab her hand "Okay slow down after church we are going to e-" "ICE CREAAAAAM" I didn't let her finish. We were happy in our own little world.

"Please pay your debt it's been 2 months already" the women outside said angrily "tomorrow, I will find money to pay you just wait" my grandma replied whispering and the woman walked away. I saw lola almost crying, I didn't know my parents stop paying her and even our food was by my lola's money. I almost teared up but I saw her walking to the stairs and I went inside and acted I was just about to wake up. "Good morning isla wake up already it's 7am I already prepare your breakfast hotdog and egg your favorite" she looked like as if she wasn't been sad earlier, "Can you join me?" I asked "Yes I can baby" we went down and I saw her plate fish? But mine was my favorite I tried to give half of my hotdog for her but she said "no isl it's for you fish is my favorite so we are fair we have our favorite food on the table" she said happily but with poker face I know she was lying "Isl is the food bad why are you not happy with it" she said. I think she notice that I knew her little secret "no lola it was yummy it just I was having a bad dream" I lied "do you want to share it with lola?" She asked worriedly "I just don't want to talk about it lola" I said with a low tone and we just continue eating.

Sunday came and we were about to go to the ice cream shop but- "lola can we go home already?" "Why baby are you not feeling good? Anything wrong?" She asked "No I just want to go home and we can have our movie marathon with our fav movie" I said happily and she nodded and we went home. I knew about her secret so we must not spend ton of money on useless thing.

"Ma I'm home" my mom said "really liz 2 months your gone and didn't even left us with MONEY did you forget you have a daughter am fine on my own but I wouldn't let my granddaughter starve to death or even let her taste suffering you both have job but acted like you have no money to support your kid" my lola shouted whispering. "Really mom I'm tired from work Let me rest please" as my mom went up the stairs as if nothing happen. It went like this every single time. After few weeks my mom off to work again, and I was left with my grandma as always but I didn't care I was happy being with her. We we're contented with each other.