I've always loved you (requested)

"Shh, it's okay." Lisa soothed as she rubbed your back.

She was curled up in your bed with you and holding you in her arms as you cry.

Still reeling from your breakup with Jisoo that just took place a couple of days ago, she's been there by your side whenever you've needed her.

"I know it hurts." She said as she continued to try and comfort you. "I'm here for you."

She was angry with her best friend for breaking your heart, though the breakup was mutual as things just weren't working.

You and Jisoo had spent eight months together and they were full of love and happiness.

But you just weren't the one for each other and that was just something you'd have to learn to accept.

But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt because it did and Lisa hated seeing you in so much emotional and mental pain.

"It's all going to be okay."

"No, it isn't!" You replied before sniffling and sitting up. "It's not going to be okay. It hurts and I know that I'm never going to find someone who cares about me the way that Jisoo did."

Lisa shifted around on the bed before placing her hand on your shoulder.

"You will. There's someone out there who does."

"Yeah? Like who?" You sniffled.

"Me."

You turned your head and stared at her in shock.

That wasn't the response you'd expected.

Not at all.

"Lisa, if you're just saying this to make me feel better, then stop because it's not cool."

"No, I'm not." She said as she moved her hand from your shoulder to your thigh. "I mean it. I care about you, Y/N. I've always loved you as more than a friend."

"Why didn't you say something?" You asked and watched her shrug her shoulders before answering.

"Because you were with Jisoo and I didn't want to mess things up between us by confessing my feelings for you. But you're the one I've always loved and I've always wanted to be with. I've never wanted anyone else."

"But you've been with other people. You were just with that one girl a few weeks ago."

"Rachel? Yeah, things didn't work out. Precisely because my feelings for you are too strong and I couldn't stand being with someone else. All I've ever wanted is you."

Your heart began to heal a little, the brokenness fading slightly as it fluttered over Lisa's words.

"And if Jisoo and I hadn't broken up?"

"Well, I would've spent my life admiring you from afar. I could've done that if I had to. Something is better than nothing."

You looked into her eyes and saw a look of pure adoration as they met yours.

She was being serious.

"Well, if we're being honest, I've always had feelings for you too. But I never said anything because you were with someone else too."

"I tried to find someone that could make me feel the way you do." She explained. "I tried to find someone that I was into and that I could fall in love with the way that I love you but it never worked. No matter who it was with, no one ever compared to you."

You reached over and put your hand over hers.

Staring down at it, she smiled a little as she intertwined her fingers with yours and held your hand tight.

"Now that I get to hold your hand, I don't ever plan on letting it go." She said.

Something in you burst and you couldn't take it any longer.

Your feelings for her were much too intense and your love for her was so strong that you needed to feel her lips on yours right then and there.

So you leaned in and gave her a soft peck on her lips before pulling away.

"What was that, darling?" She chuckled. "Come on, give me a real kiss. I've waited a long while for it."

And how could you say no to that?

Leaning in, you put your lips back on hers but for a real kiss this time, and you both melted immediately.

Lisa laid her hands on your hips and pulled you onto her lap as her lips continued to move sweetly against yours.

"Even though I was with Jisoo, I never stopped loving you." You spoke against her lips as you gazed unto her soft brown eyes.

And her lips pulled into a bright smile as she moved her hands from your hips to your cheeks.

"I love you, Lisa."

"I love you too, Y/N." She whispered softly as she put her forehead on yours.

You wrapped your arms around her neck and put your lips back on hers, feeling as though every piece of the puzzle had finally fallen into place.

Lisa has been the one all along, it just took you both until now to confess your feelings for each other to make it happen.

And now that you were hers and she was yours, you'd never be letting each other go; not ever.