your best friend passes away (requested)

Lisa climbed into bed beside you as you sobbed into your pillow.

This day has been devastating for you.

You got the news just a few hours ago that your best friend passed away and since then, all you've done is cry.

Lisa can't even begin to imagine how hard this has been on you and what you're going through right now but her heart is just as broken as yours.

Your best friend had become a close friend of hers too and she feels saddened by the hard and horrible news too.

But she knows she's not anywhere near as broken as you are right now, so she pushed her heartache aside to focus on you.

She brushed her hand across your back comfortingly as you sniffled.

"Can I do anything for you, my love?"

You shook your head and she sighed in sadness.

"Do you want to talk to me about it? I know you're hurting. You don't have to but if you want to, I'm here to listen." She spoke softly.

You turned over and lifted your head from the pillow to stare at Lisa with tears in your eyes.

She grabbed your hand and intertwined her fingers with yours before bringing it to her lips for a soft kiss.

"It's so unfair. I knew her my whole life. She was my best friend." You cried. "I'd do anything to have her back."

"I know," Lisa said as she exhaled shakily.

"I told her everything. She was my everything. What am I going to do without her?"

Lisa brushed her thumb across your palm soothingly as more tears fell down your cheeks.

"I was supposed to see her tomorrow. We had plans together. Now, she's just... gone."

Lisa put her head on yours as she pulled you closer.

"I don't know what to do without her."

"I'm so sorry, baby." She spoke as you buried your face in her shirt. "I know it doesn't make sense and it's so unfair. I know it hurts more than you ever imagined it could. I'm just so sorry."

You sobbed into her shirt, your tears soaking the fabric.

"It just doesn't make sense. I wish she was here. I'd do anything to have her back." You cried.

"I know, baby."

It was crushing.

You had so many plans together, and so many dreams that you shared.

And now, she wasn't here anymore to do those things with you.

You wanted her back more than anything and Lisa closed her eyes with a heavy breath, wishing she could bring her back for you.

"Nothing's ever going to be the same again." You sniffled. "She was so happy, so full of life. She had so much ahead of her. Why did this have to happen? Why, Lisa?"

"I don't know, baby." She quietly said. "I wish I could make it all better. I wish she was here with you."

"Me too." You said as you clutched her tighter. "Please don't ever let me go."

"I won't, darling. Im not going anywhere." She promised as she blinked away the tears in her eyes. "I'll hold you forever. You can cry as much as you need to. I promise I'll be here the whole time."

She didn't have the words to say to make it better.

She didn't know what to do other than hold you tight and never let you go.

And that's okay because she's all you really needed right now.